Is anyone having problems with Touch ID on 3rd party apps, specifically 1Password?

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with Touch ID on 3rd party apps? The only app I have that can use Touch ID with is 1Password. I enabled Touch ID in the settings and is works the first couple of times within the first few minutes. After that Touch ID will not pop up again when I try to sign in the app, has never worked using the 1password extension in Safari, and strangely enough 1Password seems to randomly turn itself off as an extension in safari and even puts itself at the end of the line after I've moved it to the front multiple times. I've done the standard hard reset, uninstall/reinstall, etc. Anyone else having similar problems with 1Password or other apps using Touch ID. I reached Out to the dev but no response yet.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't get TouchID to work with 1Password either. Like you, it worked for the first couple of times and has now stopped. I haven't found a solution yet.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was getting frustrated with the same problem on 1password until I did exactly what zerog46 mentioned. I set that sucker to 30 days.

It will of course make you enter the password again anytime the phone is rebooted no matter what.

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Basically the app has to support it. Last I checked there were only about 15-20 apps on board. Usually you have to go in the app settings and there is a toggle to enable Touch ID like zerog46 showed above. I'm afraid my small town bank may take forever to get on board but 1Password solves the problem by just using the website for now.