• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Is anyone having issues with the iPhone XS Max getting hot?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not at all and I use both a wireless fast charger and plug in.

Edit; I really misread your initial post. I thought I read your iPhone was heating up during charging. (not sure why..LOL). JustMeD has a better response.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think i might have gotten a defective one. I can feel it getting warm really quick

What is it currently doing? Is it backing up to iCloud? Did you recently restore from an iCloud backup, and if so, is it still syncing photos, videos, etcetera back to the phone? Those things will cause the iPhone to get warm. Even playing certain games or having the screen lit up for a good amount of time will cause the iPhone to get warm.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think i might have gotten a defective one. I can feel it getting warm really quick

It's normal to get a little warm during extreme use, but if you're uncomfortable with the speed and amount of heat that's happening, I would definitely contact Apple and make a Genius Bar appointment. Which type of charging method are you using?

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
What is it currently doing? Is it backing up to iCloud? Did you recently restore from an iCloud backup, and if so, is it still syncing photos, videos, etcetera back to the phone? Those things will cause the iPhone to get warm. Even playing certain games or having the screen lit up for a good amount of time will cause the iPhone to get warm.
Im going to have to check into my settings. I think you are right. It could be something thats syncing in the back ground

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Using a wireless charging night stand for charging my Max and my watch 4th Gen. at the same time. No heating issues at all

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Depends on what you are doing. If you are doing a personal hotspot or playing a graphically intensive game it might get a bit hot, but most phones do get hotter than others . Did you get a temp reading of your phone?

not yet how do i get a reading? And tbh i asked several people if they felt my phone was hot and they answered No. i think it just might be me overacting a bit lol

orientmurali

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes, using with a silicon back cover the phone is heating up alarmingly. But now after removing the back cover the phone is just as cool as can be! The culprit is therefore the back cover allowing no air cooling!

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
No I haven't but I also haven't really done a lot of processor intensive stuff other than photo editing which hasn't made my iPhone XS Max hot.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman