Is anyone having an issue in which your iPhone XS Max is freezing up on you?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is any of you iPhone XS owners experiencing moments when the device stops responding to the point of needing a reboot? The reason I ask is because a colleague of mine is having that experience with hers.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not to the extent that I need to reboot. I have experienced the settings app freezing for up to 30 seconds about half the time I open it. I’m on the current public beta.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Is any of you iPhone XS owners experiencing moments when the device stops responding to the point of needing a reboot? The reason I ask is because a colleague of mine is having that experience with hers.

By rebooting does it ask for a password instead of Face ID, if not it might be an unoptimized app crashing the springboard.

Regardless it’s not normal, she should take it into the apple store and they should sort her out.

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
When I open the settings app it won’t accept any touches for a few seconds, but then it always does eventually. A little annoying for sure.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
My mail can freeze and get closed some times. Not everytime I open it but now and then. If I open it again it works

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine seems to freeze once or twice per day. I usually can just lock the phone and unlock and it will work again. Occasionally I have to restart the phone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
By rebooting does it ask for a password instead of Face ID, if not it might be an unoptimized app crashing the springboard.

Regardless it’s not normal, she should take it into the apple store and they should sort her out.

She didn’t say and I didn’t ask. She’s not afraid of tech so I’m sure she’ll get the issue resolved.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It did on my XS Max twice dunno why! I am also facing muted calls which is very annoying!

When I open the settings app it won’t accept any touches for a few seconds, but then it always does eventually. A little annoying for sure.

My mail can freeze and get closed some times. Not everytime I open it but now and then. If I open it again it works

Mine seems to freeze once or twice per day. I usually can just lock the phone and unlock and it will work again. Occasionally I have to restart the phone.

I’m wondering if it was related to iOS 12. Please let me know whether or not iOS 12.1 fixes the problem for you.