Is anyone else experiencing screen weirdness when the Always On Display feature is ENABLED?

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
For about a week now, I have been using my AW6, with the AoD option on.
A moment ago, I turned off the AoD.

Often, when notifications would come through, the screen would sort of get stuck, between the watch display and the said notification. Thus showing both. Rather annoying.

Anyone else notice this issue?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: AoD off

I haven’t noticed anything like that.
Turn your Watch off and on again to see if that helps.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Watch has been restarted and even did a soft reset, too.

View attachment 129735

That is normal. Your watch is in always on dim mode, which always shows either a watch face that supports AOD, or it shows the time in the upper-right corner, with what the display was showing at the time it went into AOD dim mode showing blurred in the background, just like your photo shows. The only other exception is the Workout app, which shows your configured workout data updated once per second in AOD dim mode.

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site

Hmm, interesting. I will monitor this closely.
To be honest, in around a week, the last two days were the only times I noticed this. I felt it was 'getting stuck' when switching from dim mode to normal mode, or from AoD mode to normal viewing mode...

That is normal. Your watch is in always on dim mode, which always shows either a watch face that supports AOD, or it shows the time in the upper-right corner, with what the display was showing at the time it went into AOD dim mode showing blurred in the background, just like your photo shows. The only other exception is the Workout app, which shows your configured workout data updated once per second in AOD dim mode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro