Is anyone else experiencing call quality issues with their Verizon iPhone 6?

michael banjany

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I do not know if any else has experienced this on their iPhone 6 with Verizon, but my call quality is atrocious. I always have a very strong LTE connection (3 or 4 bars) so its not reception and not a faulty device because some of my co-workers and friends experience the same.

I am not sure if this has to do with Verizon just recently releasing advanced calling 1.0 (volte), but I've noticed that when i call someone who has another iPhone 6, and they have "voice and data" under LTE turned on, the call is very crisp. The problem lies when i call any other iPhone 6 on a different service provider or any other phone in general.

This is unacceptable, considering it is a phone first and foremost. Also I have noticed that even listening to audio books via youtube (with full LTE) the we browser constantly buffers.

has anyone experienced this? I know the device isn't faulty, my assumption is just simply IOS8 is just still a little buggy and is in much need of a software update.

Great device but these simple functions are becoming a deal breaker.

apcman

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: iphone 6 Verizon phone quality?

I have experienced this sometimes. I can't tell yet if it me or the other person. Some call sound fine and it works perfectly but other sound horrible. Are all your call distorted or just a few people?

Roman M1

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I experienced this at least 5-6 times, especially when on the 40th floor where LTE connection is weak. I got tired of it, and turned off Voice on LTE, I lose data while talking but it beats having to repeat myself 3 times. I'm guessing they'll fix it in 6 months or so, and then I'll try turning it back on. It sucks though, especially considering how much I'm paying for this.

michael banjany

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

For me I can't really tel because I don't make too many phone calls. Mainly email and text because Im always on the go and busy at the office. But from what I can tell, its every single call except my one friend who also has an iPhone 6 (6plus) on verizon with volte turned on.

Its driving me insane, it sounds like when i was 15 years old, playing xbox live and talking on a headset. absolutely pathetic. I love the phone in just about every other way (except the lack of multitasking with headless apps as you can with BB10 OS which is unparalleled in my opinion)

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I just left Verizon and went to AT&T and the call quality is much better in my opinion. There are so many changes going on with both company's I firmly believe you are experiencing the effects of the changes. I experience the same issues I had on Verizon with AT&T basically from all of their upgrading going on.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
My Call quality has actually been better with my iPhone 6 with everyone. May not be related. I am not sure if they are all on Verizon, but I doubt it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I do not know if any else has experienced this on their iPhone 6 with Verizon, but my call quality is atrocious. I always have a very strong LTE connection (3 or 4 bars) so its not reception and not a faulty device because some of my co-workers and friends experience the same.

I am not sure if this has to do with Verizon just recently releasing advanced calling 1.0 (volte), but I've noticed that when i call someone who has another iPhone 6, and they have "voice and data" under LTE turned on, the call is very crisp. The problem lies when i call any other iPhone 6 on a different service provider or any other phone in general.

This is unacceptable, considering it is a phone first and foremost. Also I have noticed that even listening to audio books via youtube (with full LTE) the we browser constantly buffers.

has anyone experienced this? I know the device isn't faulty, my assumption is just simply IOS8 is just still a little buggy and is in much need of a software update.

I agree. At times it almost sounds like I am in a wind storm. The call quality is pretty bad. Haven't got to test it out with another person who has an iPhone 6, but good thing I don't make that many calls, because the call quality is really poor.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on my iPhone 5, and my call quality is fine. No issues here on my Verizon service. FaceTime sometimes won't connect when my Wife Facetimes me while I'm on certain apps.

golfnut_123

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

I hate my new iPhone 6. I have been with Verizon for 20 years and have never had a problem. We have three other phones with Verizon and we do not experience problems with them. First I got the iPhone SE and experience problems so they made me pay a little more money and get the iPhone 6. Same problems. I can't not even talk to Verizon on my phone. I have to use my husband sprint phone

jonsigler12

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I have Verizon and a 6.

On my end call quality seems perfect, but those I'm talking with say otherwise. I almost think Verizon blocks the specific frequencies that make up the static sound to our ears from transmitting to our phones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW