Is anyone’s iPad having trouble connecting to the internet?

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Is anyone’s iPad having trouble connecting to the internet? It says I’m connected to my WiFi, but won’t connect to the App Store and can’t even establish a connection with speed-test. All of my other Apple devices are working fine on the same network. I already did a network reset and no change...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPad Pro 10.5 major problem

Have you tried rebooting the iPad or resetting the network settings on it? In addition, have you checked to see whether or not the iPad is restricted from having internet access via the router’s menu?

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site

Have you tried rebooting the iPad or resetting the network settings on it? In addition, have you checked to see whether or not the iPad is restricted from having internet access via the router’s menu?

Yes I have rebooted about 10 times both soft and hard reboots. I reset the network settings on it too and no luck! How would I check to see if it is restricted on my router menu? What do I have to look for to check that? Also I read a lot more people are having the same exact problem as me but with the usb-c in the headphone jack or something like that, I’d have to reread what I read about it yesterday. But when they unplug what ever they had, it went back to normal and was able to get on the internet. I however don’t have anything plugged in mine other than the original power cord that came with it and even unplugged that with no luck.

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site

Have you tried rebooting your modem and wireless access point?

I haven’t tried to reboot my modem, I didn’t think it could be my WiFi since all my other devices in the house are fine. But I’ll give it a try it won’t hurt. Sorry for the late response and I’m still having the same problem with my iPad. I can’t even factory reset and start fresh because it says couldn’t connect to Apple server. I checked the server status and everything is green.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site

Is anyone’s iPad having trouble connecting to the internet? It says I’m connected to my WiFi, but won’t connect to the App Store and can’t even establish a connection with speed-test. All of my other Apple devices are working fine on the same network. I already did a network reset and no change...

Has your iPad worked before on your network or is it a new device?

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site

Has your iPad worked before on your network or is it a new device?

I’ve had it since brand new had it mailed to me from Apple directly. Bought it about 2 years ago it’s always worked on my networks without any problems. I even tried my mobile hotspot from my iPhone and it will connect to the network but not have an internet connection. I even tried setting the date and time manually and automatically and same problem. I always have date and time set to automatic though.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site

That’s even more puzzling. I had wondered (if it had been new) whether the iPad might have been having a problem with a dual band router. I had a problem originally joining my MacBook and had to split the two bands. Maybe it’s time to call the Apple Help Line. They are very good.

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site

That’s even more puzzling. I had wondered (if it had been new) whether the iPad might have been having a problem with a dual band router. I had a problem originally joining my MacBook and had to split the two bands. Maybe it’s time to call the Apple Help Line. They are very good.

Well I guess there’s a happy ending after all! I tried everything everyone told me to try so I appreciate all of you. However I was able to force restart and hurry up and do software update to 13.4 and it managed to stay connected to the WiFi long enough to download it. After it completed the update its as good as new and working like it always did!! I’m so happy I can use my iPad again! :)

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site

Well I guess there’s a happy ending after all! I tried everything everyone told me to try so I appreciate all of you. However I was able to force restart and hurry up and do software update to 13.4 and it managed to stay connected to the WiFi long enough to download it. After it completed the update its as good as new and working like it always did!! I’m so happy I can use my iPad again! :)

That’s splendid news!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2