Is a screen protector worth investing in?

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The glass is probably the most scratch resistant thing on the phone, I wouldn't bother.

My thoughts exactly. I don't like the look and, more importantly feel, of a screen guard. They simply don't offer the same touch as the glass. I've never had a screen protector on my 3GS or my iP4, and have only had one scratch on my 3GS, and that is from dropping it straight on my keys on a table.

I only have a bumper on my 4 and don't have a single scratch even though I routinely carry the phone in my pocket. I am careful, though, to make sure that it is the only thing in my right pocket.

ssflo

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't like the look and, more importantly feel, of a screen guard. They simply don't offer the same touch as the glass. I've never had a screen protector on my 3GS or my iP4, and have only had one scratch on my 3GS, and that is from dropping it straight on my keys on a table.

I think it's a matter of preference. I personally like to have my screen covered by the protection film. I have the Ultra Crystal for it's screen clarity and I can't even tell the film is on my iPhone4. It doesn't interfere with the touch screen responsiveness at all. If you had one, you might have different views..perhaps..haha

SGP Steinheil Screen Protection Film for iPhone 4 - Ultra Crystal

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The glass is probably the most scratch resistant thing on the phone, I wouldn't bother.

You don't have to worry about the glass. You have to worry about the scratchable oleophobic coating that Apple puts on the front and back. THAT will scratch.

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to worry about the glass. You have to worry about the scratchable oleophobic coating that Apple puts on the front and back. THAT will scratch.

I don't know much about the coating other than it helps with fingerprints, but that was something i was wondering. Is it the GLASS that scratches, or the coating? I don't want to use a protector, but i don't want scratches either. If it is in fact the coating that scratches and not the glass, can you buff them out, or get the coating reapplied (in theory) and remove the scratches? Sorry if that is a stupid question, again i don't know much about glass and coatings.

Also, is the coating on the back as well, or just the front?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I haven't used a screen protector since having my 3g for a few months. No scratches on any of the three iPhones I"ve had. I tried Zagg when I got my 3GS, and I absolutely hated it!!! If I were gonna use one, Power Support would be the only one I'd use.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using the free screen protector that came with my Case Mate Barely There and hate it! I used Clarivue on my last 2 BlackBerry's and LOVED them! 2 for $11/free ship. Has anyone used both Clarivue AND PS that would like to make a comparison? Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro