iPod touch 5 stuck in recovery mode

Nick Koltsov

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I jailbroke my ipod touch 5 ios 6.1 with evasion recently. Installed some tweaks, but noticed that all my free RAM was eaten by some crap and i had 5 mb free from 512 even with an empty multitasking tray. I did not instal any "heavy" tweaks which "eat" your memory. So i decided to restore to a clean ios 6.1. On the half way is stopped and said "unknown error (-1)" and showed nothing but "connect to itunes" screen. I put ipod in DFU mode and again on the halfway is said "error 1601". I don't know what to do. Now it is stucj in recovery mode. Please help me guys. Thanks in advance!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Whenever I see this I feel like people think they are in DFU mode but they really aren't. I've loaded and reloaded many Jailbroken iPhones, iPod Touchs and iPads. As I write this I'm in the process of reloading my Jailbroken iPad because I need to take it in to Apple tomorrow to possibly have it replaced. I have never had a problem ever. When a device is Jailbroken never try to restore it by just hitting restore in iTunes. It is always best to do it by putting it into DFU mode the very first time and restore. So do this to ensure the device is in DFU mode. Connect it to the USB cable and open iTunes if iTunes says it found a device in recovery mode just cancel it for now. Hold down the power and home buttone for ten-12 seconds(Actually count), let go of the power and just keep holding the home button and iTunes will pop up saying it found a device in recovery. You will know the device is in DFU mode because although iTunes said it's in recovery the screen on the device is black. Hit restore let it do it's thing and then when it's done go through the setup.

If you have actually put the device in DFU mode and it's still failing go here iClarified - iPod touch - Where to Download iPod touch Firmware Files From download the ipsw for your iPod Touch 5G. Then instead of clicking restore in iTunes hold the Option(Mac) or Shift(Windows) key and click restore while still holding the key down. Then in the new window browse to the ipsw you just downloaded and let it do it's thing and hopefully it will finish.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I jailbroke my ipod touch 5 ios 6.1 with evasion recently. Installed some tweaks, but noticed that all my free RAM was eaten by some crap and i had 5 mb free from 512 even with an empty multitasking tray. I did not instal any "heavy" tweaks which "eat" your memory. So i decided to restore to a clean ios 6.1. On the half way is stopped and said "unknown error (-1)" and showed nothing but "connect to itunes" screen. I put ipod in DFU mode and again on the halfway is said "error 1601". I don't know what to do. Now it is stucj in recovery mode. Please help me guys. Thanks in advance!

did you have auxxo installed?

under234

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I have to same problem with my ipod touch 4g running ios 6.1 This device had never been jailbroken
I tried to put it in dfu mode but it wont go, it will shut down then go right back to the screen saying connect the device to itunes
Pleeease help

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That is normal, error (-1) means you need to fix it through Redsn0w. It's in the advanced options, think its fix recovery or something.

It's happening because your technically downgrading, as IOS6.1.3 is out & you need Redsn0w to fix it.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
That is normal, error (-1) means you need to fix it through Redsn0w. It's in the advanced options, think its fix recovery or something.

It's happening because your technically downgrading, as IOS6.1.3 is out & you need Redsn0w to fix it.
When he posted this, 6.1.1 wasn't out yet.

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
He would still need to use Redsn0w I actually think its because of the Pwnd DFU mode, I had to do it, I reinstalled ios 5.1.1 4 times before I found a page telling me what to do, after error (1) I ran redsn0w & used the fix recovery & I had a working iphone 4 again.

leaf 294

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
ipheuria, you sir are a ******* legend i've been looking for ages how to fix it and you are the one person to actually tell me something that works :D

Faisal Butt

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks bro! you're a life saver.

I was upgrading from IOS 7.0.4 to 7.1.2 on my Ipod touch and it got stuck in recovery or DFU mode.

Your advice bailed me out.:big-hug:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR