ipod/ iphone music issue....

MVC4G63

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm having an issue with both my ipod and my iphone. I'm wondering if im using the right format to put the music into both? For example: I put my whole cd collection into a 32gb itouch, (which is about 3100 songs). And its showing that the ipod is almost full? Please help, thanks.:(:(:(:(

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like your song quality is super high. That many songs should barley dent 32GB.

Have you checked for duplicates?

How do you check the quality? The songs I use to load were around 3MB and now the ones I load are 7-8 MB. I cant figure this out???

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
OK got my question answered on Crackberry in the iPhone forum. Incase anybody does a search and has the same question, here was the answer given:

If you go into preferences, then click the "Import Settings..." button in the "General" tab, you can check what bitrate and format the songs are being ripped into.

You can right click on a song you imported before you upgraded iTunes, and select get info. On the summary tab, it will show you what format and bitrate the songs are encoded at. You can compare the settings of the previously encoded music to what iTunes is set to record at now.

I was previously downloading at 128 and then once I upgraded to iTunes 8.1, it changed my default setting to 256. Default before for me was 128 so I changed it back to 128 and everything is all good now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73