iPod Gen 6 - what will we see?

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Damn this place in dead! Where are the ppl who love Apple and iPods? Well let's liven up this thread and start something!

What will the iPod that we KNOW is coming out in Christmas have? 3.5"? No buttons? Virtual multitouch clickwheel? 450 for 80 GB?? What are your thoughts?

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I saw the iPhone testers. It looks good as an iPod with wifi IMO. They need to do that style for the next stand alone iPod! That I would get in a heartbeat!

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the next ipod will have the iphone's ipod interface, the only question is whether or not it will have wifi and the PIM stuff. I kinda doubt that it will have either.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
i think it will have the pim stuff - after all, the existing ipod can display contacts and calendar stuff. They may make it view-only, however (no keyboard).

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Wi-fi would be useles unless they try and add mobilesafari or introduce streaming (lie from youtube or Apple TV akin to slingbox)

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Wi-fi would be useles unless they try and add mobilesafari or introduce streaming (lie from youtube or Apple TV akin to slingbox)
I think many people are expecting to have safari and wifi. I think some are expecting everything except the phone, which i think is silly. Apple wouldnt cannibalize their iphone sales like that would they?

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
I would guess an ipod in the iphone form factor. No Safari, wifi, etc.

They have to justify buying the ipod (with much more memory) AND the iPhone (safari, phone, wifi, etc)

isitnyu

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
i think ipod gen 6 will be slimmer than it has been. It is already slim itself as of now, but i think they are just going to get that much fancier. Addition to that, im calling for a landscape view of the itouch springboard using the accelerometer. Then im predicting longer battery life of course, better sound quality, new interfaces for the apps and of course a HIGHER PRICE.

emceechad

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps an iPod touch revision, maybe including a camera, which might sound crazy but may help Apple distinguish itself from other PMPs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods