iPod 4 with ios5 locked with key thrown away :(

ipotter

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm shore this problem has been beaten down over and over but my daughter age 9 has locked her iPod and has no clue what the code is nor was it backed up.
Now I have Disk Aid and have read that there is a file Vir? That you have to modifiy or delete but can't find it? Is it because the iPod is not jail broken?
Is there any way to acress the file inside with out jail braking it? Or if I do restore it will it back up before it restores?

Thanks alot guys! For your time

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's probably going to have to be restored. When it come's to security on Apple products, they mean it. I wouldn't even backup the iPod touch because it might lock it up again after the restore. You can try a backup and it might work, but I really don't know.

Now, if it is jailbroken, that's a whole different story. I think there is some password recovery tools that you can get to to recover your iTouch and not restore. But the tweaks must already been installed before lockout. And attempting to modify iOS could seriously screw up the device. Besides, iOS encrypts the passwords with Industrial Standard Encryptions. So don't even try to decrypt it. Like I said, attempt a restore. It should work. If you need help entering DFU Mode, here are the steps -

1) Press and hold Home and Lock button for 10 seconds.
2) Release Lock button while holding Home button for 13 seconds.
3) After that, the screen should be blank and iTunes should tell you that you must restore the iPod touch!

NOTE - Your iPod must be plugged in to a Computer to enter DFU Mode!

ipotter

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks alot for the quick reply. I think I'm just going to extract the musc and picture files on disk aid and then restore it, jail braking isn't a option.
Thanks again!

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
No problem. I am sorry that this happened. It's a pain to have to restore the device and add everything back again. That's why, although it's not as secure, I use a password unique to something I remember. Example - A beloved pet and a year. Now that's something I can easily remember. So try to think of something that is associated to something you remember a lot!.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro