iPhoto library problem

wiino

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
For start, did't know where to put this topic, so im placing it here.
If it's in bad section i apologize for that.

Let's start. Yesterday i did clean install of my iMac. Don't ask why, i just did. All went well and that's ok BUT, i forgot to do ANY bkp.
And as i opened iPhoto app i see no photos.

Now, all is not lost, because all my photos from my library are stored on my iPhone. BUT with normal connect and import im unable to restore all photos from iPhone to my iMac.

Now im afraid to do sync in itunes just in case not to delete them.

And now the question. How to import ALL the photos from my iP to my iM?
Is there some easy way of doing this?
Because if they are in iP that means that they are somewhere in there. I just want to extract them. I would be perfect if all library (albums and photos in albums) stay intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

If there also in your camera roll use iCloud to do a full backup of your iPhone and then you can use iTunes if anything bad happens you have the cloud as cover

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. If you have iCloud and those photos are in your photostream, then enable your iMac for iCloud and enable photostream so that the photos can sync to it.

2. You can upload the photos to a cloud service like OneDrive, Dropbox, etcetera and then download them to your iMac.

3. Import the photos into an app like Goodreader, and then connect your device to your computer, initiate its iTunes app, click on the Apps tab, scroll down to the Goodreader app and then select, drag and drop the photos into a folder on your iMac.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR