iPhone5, iOS 7.1.1: BT headset problem

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
So I updated my iPhone 5 OTA from 7.1 to 7.1.1, and now I"m having problems with my BT headset. It now takes almost a full minute for the headset to confirm its connection to the phone, and the phone confirms that it's connected. Yet when I make a call, the phone is trying to use AirDrop as the connected device (as shown in the Control Center), despite AirDrop being disabled in the settings.

And sometimes the headset is showing as a selectable item in the list of devices I can use in Control Center, sometimes it's not.

I'm afraid to update my iPad2.

Before the update, I could turn on the headset and it would connect instantly. I could even turn it on after answering a call and instantly, the call would be handled through the headset.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So I updated my iPhone 5 OTA from 7.1 to 7.1.1, and now I"m having problems with my BT headset. It now takes almost a full minute for the headset to confirm its connection to the phone, and the phone confirms that it's connected. Yet when I make a call, the phone is trying to use AirDrop as the connected device (as shown in the Control Center), despite AirDrop being disabled in the settings.

And sometimes the headset is showing as a selectable item in the list of devices I can use in Control Center, sometimes it's not.

Before the update, I could turn on the headset and it would connect instantly. I could even turn it on after answering a call and instantly, the call would be handled through the headset.

I'm afraid to update now!!! I use several BT devices and I would have for them to be useless until a new update gets pushed. Hopefully, someone will have a solution.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried pairing the headset again? Remove the headset and then add it again

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods