iPhone4 'this device isn't eligible for the requested build'

Nikita Maximov

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
So it started of quite a while ago, I tried to update/restore my iphone4, but I was getting an unknown error. I gave my iphone to a friend, who somehow 'fixed' it by installing greenpoison jb on it, using tiny umbrella (no idea how he did it), however he told me that i shouldn't try to update or restore it anymore, also some of the apps (including cydia) started to crush at a start up (guess it was a tethered jb).

Now I actually wanted to try to fix this 'brick', and tried to restore it, and every time I was getting 'this device isn't eligible for the requested build' error. Then i tried to restore it from a DFU mode, which basically made my iPhone a brick, it put it into recovery mode, and even tiny umbrella can't exit it. I've already updated my itunes, changed computers, tried to use different firmwares and deleted apple gs entries from the hosts file, and none of that helped. So if anybody has some valuable info for this problem, that would be awesome. =)

sinfool

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
So you're tethered or not?

Other than the normal things you already mentioned and you're truly in DFU mode then...IDK, turn off any firewall/anti virus.

Are you using the correct fw? You can try to manually download the ispw/firmware from an alternative source and installing. Just make sure you use the correct build for your device. In the past, I've had corrupted Apple fw's that wouldn't install.