iPhone XS Max speaker issue

Mac58

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a XS max and so far Im liking it. However Im not sure if I have a defective unit or this is a wide spread issue. If using the XS and watching video and or playing music sometimes audio only comes from the bottom speaker and not the headphone. I have not been able to figure out why this happens. After a fresh restart everything is back to normal. Debating if I should return or if this is just a software issue. For 1200 bucks it should be perfect. Anyone else having this problem? I saw someone else posted in the comment section of a youtube channel about it as well. How wide spread is this issue? Anyone know how to fix without having to do a daily restart?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it plays from both speakers after a reset, then the issue is more than likely a software matter. "Reset All Settings" or restore it and then set it up as a new device are my recommendations. If it continues after that, take it and your purchase receipt to the nearest Apple Store and get it swapped out.

mizz_ordo

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
I have an iPhone XS and have the same exact issue. I am with AT&T and they stated they wouldn't do any defective device swaps in store and that I had to go through Apple. Went to Apple and they would only swap it with a "reconditioned" iPhone XS. So I kept mines. I think this is more a software issue because it gets resolved with a reboot of my phone. It's very annoying when I listen to music, play games or watch videos and the top speaker stops working... hope they release an update to fix this soon...

I purchased a XS max and so far Im liking it. However Im not sure if I have a defective unit or this is a wide spread issue. If using the XS and watching video and or playing music sometimes audio only comes from the bottom speaker and not the headphone. I have not been able to figure out why this happens. After a fresh restart everything is back to normal. Debating if I should return or if this is just a software issue. For 1200 bucks it should be perfect. Anyone else having this problem? I saw someone else posted in the comment section of a youtube channel about it as well. How wide spread is this issue? Anyone know how to fix without having to do a daily restart?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods