iPhone XR screen issue

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
My mom iPhone XR zagg glass + was cracked.

I removed it and when I was cleaning the display on the bottom portion there a scratch there after using the wet wipe zagg provided fo install the new one.

Would Apple replace the display or is it cosmetic ?

What should I do ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s cosmetic. Just put another screen protector on it and continue to use your device like you normally would is my recommendation.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
That sounds like a good plan! I’m sorry this happened to your Mom.

I’m not sure i have apple care plus if I pay Apple the 30bucks for a screen replacement would the scratch be covered before my warranty ends.

This screen that was scratched was replaced before once due to having dust under the display.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’m not sure i have apple care plus if I pay Apple the 30bucks for a screen replacement would the scratch be covered before my warranty ends.

This screen that was scratched was replaced before once due to having dust under the display.

AppleCare+ will cover two incidents of accidental damage with a service fee. In this case you could argue that dust under the screen is a manufacturing defect and not accidental damage. I would have NOT paid them $29 for the first screen repair but that’s just me.
To find out if you’re still covered under AppleCare+ go to Settings > General > About. It will show your coverage status.
8788e35c508fec932b7c72e15bf05e07.jpg

Last edited:

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
AppleCare+ will cover two incidents of accidental damage with a service fee. In this case you could argue that dust under the screen is a manufacturing defect and not accidental damage. I would have NOT paid them $29 for the first screen repair but that’s just me.
To find out if you’re still covered under AppleCare+ go to Settings > General > About. It will show your coverage coverage status.
8788e35c508fec932b7c72e15bf05e07.jpg

I didn’t pay the first replacement it was free of charge since it was a defect but the scratch before the warranty ends can Apple care plus be used or else I will wait till September when I upgrade to upgrade her again on the IUP

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site