iPhone X sees SSID but no internet connection

I

iMore Question

This is driving me nuts, the phone can see the wifi network but shows no internet connection under the SSID. I've rebooted the router, the phone, reset network settings just about everything and it continues. The wife's 8 connects fine, any ideas?

Jheem

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
Well I managed to keep connected to Wi-Fi overnight so far after some tweaks, this is what I did. I renamed my SSID. AT&T rolled out fiber into our neighborhood a year ago and the gigabit service is very popular. I’ve noticed all the ATT Wi-Fi networks in the area all have similar names in this format: ATT#X#x#x#. Just in case the phone was getting confused from the similar prefix I changed the name, I don’t really think it made a difference but what the hell. I also increased the number of maximum clients the 2.4GHz radio can use (ATT BGW 210 gateway, I think it is manufactured by Arris) from 80 to 99 and the max clients on the 5GHz radio from 80 to 99 also. I don’t really think this is the answer but so far my phone has kept connected to the Wi-Fi network overnight while I slept for about 8 hours now. I’ll keep you updated on what happens next.

Jheem

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
Here's some more information: iPad Mini running iOS 9.3.5 stays connected to the wifi with a rock solid connection, no issues at all. As I stated above, my iPhone X running 11.2 is still connected to wifi. The wife's iPhone 8 running 11.2 dropped the wifi connection over night. When I look under the wifi name in the OS the IP address is populated, the subnet mask is populated but the router field is blank. It will not connect to wifi.

Jheem

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
Update on my situation: I setup another wifi network with an old router I had laying around, it's an N band router. iPhone has now stayed connected to that wifi network for 3 days with no issue. This all started with the iOS 11.1.2 update, it just doesn't like my ac wifi network.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Update on my situation: I setup another wifi network with an old router I had laying around, it's an N band router. iPhone has now stayed connected to that wifi network for 3 days with no issue. This all started with the iOS 11.1.2 update, it just doesn't like my ac wifi network.

That’s odd. My 8 Plus has no issues with AC Wi-Fi.
No clue what went wrong, I’m not knowledgeable enough in networking to help you out.

Jheem

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
Just a quick update. This issue started when I upgraded to iOS 11.1. Well low and behold I updated to 11.2.1 today and my phone stays connected to my 5GHz ac network.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods