IPhone X production delays

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I read this article too but I’m skeptical about all these delays. Apple can’t afford to not have enough units in hand when it goes on sale.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hope it's not a big issue for everyone who wants to order one. I'm sure apple wants to get as many out as possible. Especially before the holidays.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I’m sorry, but at what point do people stop believing all this stuff??? There’s ALWAYS a production issue. Every year. Every top of the line phone. It’s just something to speculate over and in the end it just drums up the higher demand that companies look for from consumers. We will also never truly know, since it’s not like Apple themselves is going to make a public statement if there were. News fodder and click bait is all it is to me.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I’m sorry, but at what point do people stop believing all this stuff??? There’s ALWAYS a production issue. Every year. Every top of the line phone. It’s just something to speculate over and in the end it just drums up the higher demand that companies look for from consumers. We will also never truly know, since it’s not like Apple themselves is going to make a public statement if there were. News fodder and click bait is all it is to me.
Didn't know 9to5 mac was clickbait. Thanks for the info. If you read the article it's pretty believable.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Didn't know 9to5 mac was clickbait. Thanks for the info. If you read the article it's pretty believable.

Never said 9to5Mac was clickbait. The articles and stories with titles such as “Apple iPhone X production delays” are what I’m calling click bait. You can read into it what you will. I don’t judge or discount what anybody chooses to do. I’m just saying, we hear this same story, every year, every phone.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I get that. But what I'm saying is it a reliable website with a reliable source is all. You don't believe it thats fine. To each their own. No harm.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would rather for Apple to delay and get it right than to rush and get it wrong. My 7 Plus is still running GREAT and I don't mind the wait. More time to save and put more money down.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Agreed!!! It’s a known fact that OLED manufacturers can’t build the screens fast enough to meet demand. That’s nothing new & it’s not even about Apple. It affects everybody!!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I would rather for Apple to delay and get it right than to rush and get it wrong. My 7 Plus is still running GREAT and I don't mind the wait. More time to save and put more money down.

I feel the same way. My 6S is working just fine. My only concern is that if there are (further) delays, that creates a problem if I want to upgrade at launch next year. It would basically mean paying full price for less than a year.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Agreed!!! It’s a known fact that OLED manufacturers can’t build the screens fast enough to meet demand. That’s nothing new & it’s not even about Apple. It affects everybody!!

This is what people don't understand. For example, LG has only just reached 80% yield on OLED screens this year. OLED is not robust, and chances are that another technology will supersede it before it ever becomes wholly mainstream. There literally is no way that every flagship iPhone could be OLED today. This is another reason why we have 8 and X.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I feel like this is just more hype building. If this does end up being the case, their 4th qtr numbers are going to be horrible since it appears the 8/8+ aren't flying off the shelves like normal. If the delays do push into 2018, apple really needs to work on their timing and production. I am hoping the month + delay from announcement to preorders means they will at least have enough for the first few hours of preorders.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I feel like this is just more hype building. If this does end up being the case, their 4th qtr numbers are going to be horrible since it appears the 8/8+ aren't flying off the shelves like normal. If the delays do push into 2018, apple really needs to work on their timing and production. I am hoping the month + delay from announcement to preorders means they will at least have enough for the first few hours of preorders.

I agree about this being hype but it seems like the 8 & 8 pluses are doing very well. They’re sold out in all the Apple stores around here. Not sure about carrier stores though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree about this being hype but it seems like the 8 & 8 pluses are doing very well. They’re sold out in all the Apple stores around here. Not sure about carrier stores though.

Thank goodness I had an appointment and had pre-ordered. I was in and out in under 15 minutes, but there were a good deal of people inside the Apple Store and in two separate lines waiting to get inside Store at the Altamonte Mall.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank goodness I had an appointment and had pre-ordered. I was in and out in under 15 minutes, but there were a good deal of people inside the Apple Store and in two separate lines waiting to get inside Store at the Altamonte Mall.

Exactly!!! I feel like preorders are a must for launch day.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Well just looking at the verizon website, it still shows no delay (which is very rare for a new flagship iPhone). I know last year with the 7+ jet black it was backordered for weeks hours after preorder. I am sure apple sold a decent number of the 8/8+, just don't think it will be near what they sold last year.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well just looking at the verizon website, it still shows no delay (which is very rare for a new flagship iPhone). I know last year with the 7+ jet black it was backordered for weeks hours after preorder. I am sure apple sold a decent number of the 8/8+, just don't think it will be near what they sold last year.

I get what you’re saying. I just feel we can’t really compare it to any other year because there was only 2 models last year. There’s 3 this year. And the jet black was back ordered but other colors weren’t. There’s just way too many variables to compare.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I get what you’re saying. I just feel we can’t really compare it to any other year because there was only 2 models last year. There’s 3 this year. And the jet black was back ordered but other colors weren’t. There’s just way too many variables to compare.

I understand the being 3 phones this time around, but last year, all the models sold out relatively quickly (with the jet black having the longest delays). It still took until almost december for the wait times for all models of the plus to come back to within a few days.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh