iPhone X owners, you might want to read this!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Good. I chose to not get AppleCare in this phone as I already pay for AT&T’s insurance. I don’t want to pay for two insurances...

If I choose to get AppleCare, can I do so after purchase? Like if I go today?

You can, I can't remember if there's a time limit or not, but whether or not there is and assuming you're within it (would be weeks/month(s) not days) you just have to bring the device with you so it can be inspected. You just won't be able to buy it online.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
You can, I can't remember if there's a time limit or not, but whether or not there is and assuming you're within it (would be weeks/month(s) not days) you just have to bring the device with you so it can be inspected. You just won't be able to buy it online.

Great. Thank you. Are we sure AC+ covers OLED burn?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Great. Thank you. Are we sure AC+ covers OLED burn?

No idea, I would assume so if it's bad enough to notice it. That sounds like a great article for the iMore guys to research and present to us :) I suppose worst case just take a hammer to your screen and say your screen broke instead of it has burn in lol.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
It's 60 days

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
There might be a time limit to do it online. I'm not totally familiar with it though being with Apple only a couple years now and starting out on the iUP which just includes it no matter what. I know when I bought my iPad a couple months ago at Best Buy they told me you can buy it after the fact but the device has to be brought in. Maybe that was a best buy specific thing if you're buying Apple Care through them?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

There might be a time limit to do it online. I'm not totally familiar with it though being with Apple only a couple years now and starting out on the iUP which just includes it no matter what. I know when I bought my iPad a couple months ago at Best Buy they told me you can buy it after the fact but the device has to be brought in. Maybe that was a best buy specific thing if you're buying Apple Care through them?

You can buy it online:

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU3010193%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=0XA7_Y2H

Also in-store or over the phone.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I keep running the math and I keep thinking AT&T’s insurance is better only because, if I don’t need it, it’s cheaper. And it covers theft.

I'd probably go with theirs too for that reason if I wasn't getting phones via the iUP. Apple Care+ is required and part of the program.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR