iPhone X: Naked or w/Case?

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
My 7 plus has been mostly naked and I have really enjoyed it like that. With the X and all the glass I will have a case on it as soon as I take it out of the box. Using glass on a product that people use everyday and drop frequently isn't a wise choice.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I didn’t use a case on my 4 and dropped it. A lot. Never broke anything on it. I’ve never broken a phone, glass back or not (except my work issued Xperia Z3 mini which has its back glass while laying flat on my nightstand. It’s glass was known for self cracking ).

I currently have the dark aubergine leather Apple case on it but have already started to take it off multiple times an hour. Honestly the only reason it’s in a case is I love the colour. I expect to be caseless by Wednesday. Heh.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've got a Totallee ultra thin case on right now, but I'm sure it won't last long. The case is so thin it won't provide any drop protection anyway, just for scratches. May get a clear skin for the back for grip though.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Case and screen protection for me. Butter fingers + a habit of putting my phone in the same pocket as my keys makes me take precautions. For now I have an Anker Karapax Breeze case and Spigen screen protector. I’m not thrilled with either. The case doesn’t look like it will protect from drops and the screen protector has a bit of a rainbow effect around the edges. I’ll be looking for better later but these will do for now.

Last edited:

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to go naked, but being a Plus user I’m not used to the size yet and I was afraid I’d have a bar of soap incident. So case...for now.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to go naked, but being a Plus user I’m not used to the size yet and I was afraid I’d have a bar of soap incident. So case...for now.

Yup- I’m using it caseless around the house but will have a case on it for work tomorrow just until I fully acclimate.

Plus, my Ringke Fusion scratched my back glass, there’s a nice circular scratch/gouge on the back of the glass that matches up to a mark on the case as well - so since it now has a small blemish, I’m better about embracing my usual desire to not use a case. Thankfully it only shows at a certain angle (glad I chose silver).

sq018

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I wanted to go caseless. After they announced the repair cost, I changed my mine. Now mine is wearing white silicone case. Look ok though.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I’ve always had a case on mine. Tried once going case less on the 6s plus. Dropped in the room and it bounced off the wood book shelf and hit the carpet floor. Ran out right away and got a case.

Two weeks later dropped it in the backyard on the sidewalk, WHEW. Nothing wrong with it.

Better to get s case so your not sorry later.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I’ve dropped my phones multiple times and have never broken a screen. My 7 Plus was caseless all year and hit the floor at least 5 times.

I have AppleCare so if something happens I’m good.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I use it naked most of the time. I like the way the back looks so I won’t put a skin on it like I did with my s8. Majority of my drops occur when entering or leaving a car so I use a case when I go out.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have an OtterBox defender on my 8+ and yesterday it fell out of my pocket doing about 20 mph on my bike and I watched it tumble down the street.. after my heart started again, I picked it up assuming the worst and was so happy not to see a scratch on it... I love my Otterbox!!!!

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the Apple Leather thin case. I really like the feel of it. i have always used the Spigen Ultra thin cases and bought 1 for the new phone but the Apple Leather case is nice.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR