iPhone X First Impressions Thread!

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I agree, but I am thinking that it is implemented this way so that you can view notifications without going right to the home screen.

You’re right about that! That was my issue before with Touch ID. I just want to turn on the screen and read my notification on the lock screen so by touching the home button, it takes you right away to the home screen because it authenticate so fast then I have to swipe down again just to read the notification. That always annoys me. I know about the wake button on the side just to wake up the phone but I’m not used to pressing that button. With that being said, I like the way it’s implemented right now on iPhone 10.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
So far the only real issues I have is the build material. We're carrying around two pieces of glass and stainless steel. In a few months time even with a case they will wear pretty badly. My two pieces of apple tech with similar build are the Apple Watch and iPod Touch. Both of them didn't age very well. I also don't see, other than us loving apple products, the price of the phone. What makes it a $1100 to $1200 phone. I wouldn't want an infinity display like Samsung. If I did I would have bought one. Last thing is that its not a really good looking phone. The jet black iPhone 7/plus were good looking phones.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Just a tip for FaceID, don't wait for it to unlock before you swipe, just pick the phone up and swipe. Usually it will be unlocked by the time you finish the gesture so it takes no more time than picking up an 8 or earlier and pressing the home button for touchID. Worst case you will get a blank screen with the lock while it takes an extra half second to register and unlock. I've definitely been surprised at how well it works. Last night I was on the couch with a heat pad wrapped over my shoulder and along the lower edge of my jaw and neck/ear with my cheek smashed up a bit, and it was still working instantly. Outside of showing it off to co-workers and having it lock because of that I've only had to enter my PIN to unlock outside of a reboot once since Friday. TouchID that was easily once a day or more sometimes.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having heating up problems? For me normal web browsing makes back of the phone heat up a lot. Sometimes if I wait long enough it cools down.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The more that I use Face ID, the more I like and prefer using it over Touch ID. Today was the first time trying/using it while I’ve been wearing a pair of over the ears headphones, and it’s had no problems in unlocking the phone quickly.

...and now it’s had no problems unlocking with my wearing a woven hat (temps this morning dictated dressing warmly) and with a pair of Beats X on.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Anyone else having heating up problems? For me normal web browsing makes back of the phone heat up a lot. Sometimes if I wait long enough it cools down.

I used Apple Maps today for the first time and that didn't seem to make it warm. That's when I generally feel my phones get hot.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Just used Apple Pay with Face ID @ the local Apple store using the Apple Store app’s self checkout feature and it was a smooth, straight forward process. Used the camera to scan the barcode code of the item I was purchasing, then was directed to activate Apple Pay via Face ID by pressing the side button (shown by a white line the length/size of it on the side of the screen directly adjacent to it in the app), held the TrueDepth camera towards my face and nearly instantaneously got a haptic feedback vibration on my phone to confirm the transaction took place. This is with my wearing a knit hat on, btw. As always though, YMMV.

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
After a week with it ...I absolutely love it still. I picked up my iPhone 7 Plus and what a difference! iPhone X makes the 7 seem ancient and boring ! Loving it

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well after a week I love it. A lot nicer than the 8 Plus I had for 20 hours. I have gotten used to the swiping/jesters and they are second nature now. Battery life is great. I finished the first week out with the same battery level as I would with my iPhone 7 BUT I was using/playing with the X a lot more then I would the 7.

So knock on wood my iPhone X will continue to give me great use for the next year.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
After a little over a week with my X I finally got to use the camera this weekend at a family party. The camera is the best camera I've used on a phone. It is so impressive! I'm thinking the dual OIS has a lot to do with it because that is the only edge the X camera has on the 7/8 plus. I had the 7 plus and the X pictures are far superior.

robinhelene

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
After a little over a week with my X I finally got to use the camera this weekend at a family party. The camera is the best camera I've used on a phone. It is so impressive! I'm thinking the dual OIS has a lot to do with it because that is the only edge the X camera has on the 7/8 plus. I had the 7 plus and the X pictures are far superior.

I never liked the camera on the 7 plus

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I mean they claim it's the same camera specs as the X, just the X has dual OIS

The 8/Plus and X both have a newer, more sensitive sensor than the 7/Plus. My favorite comment was watching a YouTube video and the guy hated the new cameras on the X because they are too good, he doesn't like that they show all his pores.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
The 8/Plus and X both have a newer, more sensitive sensor than the 7/Plus. My favorite comment was watching a YouTube video and the guy hated the new cameras on the X because they are too good, he doesn't like that they show all his pores.

LOL that's funny. Yeah the 8+ is definitely better than the 7+. The X is a step further with not only the OIS on the telephoto sensor but people also miss that aperture (f stop specification) is actually bigger (smaller number) on the X. That's HUGE for the telephoto because you can get a faster shutter speed for sharper pictures which is really important on a zoom because the closer you are the more shake. So OIS plus more light = much better pictures that are still properly exposed as well.

I think I looked up some f stop to OIS ratios a few weeks back and figured out that the 2.4 OIS sensor on the X's telephoto lens is effectively like if it was a 1.8 without OIS. The 8+ is 2.8 and doesn't have OIS. That's a big difference at least on paper.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
LOL that's funny. Yeah the 8+ is definitely better than the 7+. The X is a step further with not only the OIS on the telephoto sensor but people also miss that aperture (f stop specification) is actually bigger (smaller number) on the X. That's HUGE for the telephoto because you can get a faster shutter speed for sharper pictures which is really important on a zoom because the closer you are the more shake. So OIS plus more light = much better pictures that are still properly exposed as well.

I think I looked up some f stop to OIS ratios a few weeks back and figured out that the 2.4 OIS sensor on the X's telephoto lens is effectively like if it was a 1.8 without OIS. The 8+ is 2.8 and doesn't have OIS. That's a big difference at least on paper.

Wow u have totally confused me but sounds good!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Wow u have totally confused me but sounds good!

LOL sorry that's why I tried to say the X's OIS plus the even better aperture than the 8+ = better zoom pics as a simple explanation. The rest is more of a photo geek thing. I forget, being an amateur hobby photographer with a DSLR and lenses etc. that I understand a little bit of the stuff maybe a bit more :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR