• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Caden Brewer

May 5, 2018
Visit site
My iPhone X starts to feel warm after 15 minutes or so, not hot just can feel it getting warmer, I am only doing what I consider to be light use. Facebook browsing, internet surfing, twitter, reddit, and etc.

I mostly feel the heat below the camera, so I know its either the CPU or the modem..

Has anyone else had this?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had this happen before and I usually turn the phone off and restart it. So far that seems to have worked. It's almost like the phone is working hard on a task that should not require that much effort. Restarting seems to fix the issue.

Caden Brewer

May 5, 2018
Visit site
I have had this happen before and I usually turn the phone off and restart it. So far that seems to have worked. It's almost like the phone is working hard on a task that should not require that much effort. Restarting seems to fix the issue.

This has been happening to me for a few months now, actually got a new phone and same thing happens. Its not hot just can start to feel the warmth.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
We get around a thread a week asking the exact same question. It’s perfectly normal for your iPhone to warm up while you’re using it, charging it, or even when you’re in areas with a lesser than optimal signal. If it gets HOT then there’s potentially a problem.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
We get around a thread a week asking the exact same question. It’s perfectly normal for your iPhone to warm up while you’re using it, charging it, or even when you’re in areas with a lesser than optimal signal. If it gets HOT then there’s potentially a problem.

Yes. It is normal for it to get warm while being used. Not sure if that is what the OP is experiencing or not. I was specifically referring to being warmer than normal under the circumstances. I didn’t worry to much as it has only happened a few times and restarting quickly cooled everything down.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site

Mine started getting hot, and the screen did what it wanted. Apple store replaced the screen under warranty, and haven’t had an issue since. Gets warm, like every other phone I have ever had.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine does get warm on occasion, but as other folks have stated, this is normal and would not worry to much about it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My doesn't really get warm too often. The only time I'll notice it is if I'm in the car and I'm using the GPS while my phone is connected to the charger. This is to be expected as I'm using a rather taxing application (Google Maps), my phone is charging and my music is streaming and playing via bluetooth in my car. Between the GPS radios being in use, the cellular radio being in use (music streaming), actively using the bluetooth radio and my phone being connected to a charger, I'd expect some warmth.

Outside of that scenario, I rarely, if ever, notice my phone getting hot. I also don't have Facebook or any thing like that on my device. At most, I'm surfing the web, checking email, playing Fallout Shelter and texting. My phone handles those tasks well without any overheating.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I can never tell since I use a case on my X. I think most devices heat up with heavy use should stay cool with normal use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal