iPhone X didn’t automatically change for daylight saving time at the correct time.!!

miguelpauls

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
I live in New Zealand, clocks were meant to go forward an hour at 0200 on 29/09. I went to bed at around 0130. I had set an alarm for 1130 which went off at 1130 old time (actually 1230). Thinking this was the actual time, I turned that alarm off and set another for 1200. At 1209 old time (actually 1309) I received and replied to a WhatsApp message about an appointment at 1300. I then called the person to ask why they were asking about the appointment so soon, “it’s not until 1”. They then informed me that it was already 10 past 1. I looked at my phone clock and it was still showing 1210. After ending the call the phone clock still showed 1210, then I literally saw it jump to 1310.

Wtf? It really screwed up my plans and if I had work earlier I would have been late.

And yes, I do have set time automatically turned on.

Version 12.4.1

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I live in New Zealand, clocks were meant to go forward an hour at 0200 on 29/09. I went to bed at around 0130. I had set an alarm for 1130 which went off at 1130 old time (actually 1230). Thinking this was the actual time, I turned that alarm off and set another for 1200. At 1209 old time (actually 1309) I received and replied to a WhatsApp message about an appointment at 1300. I then called the person to ask why they were asking about the appointment so soon, “it’s not until 1”. They then informed me that it was already 10 past 1. I looked at my phone clock and it was still showing 1210. After ending the call the phone clock still showed 1210, then I literally saw it jump to 1310.

Wtf? It really screwed up my plans and if I had work earlier I would have been late.

And yes, I do have set time automatically turned on.

Version 12.4.1

This really is a you problem, though. I know it sounds harsh, but even though it’s 2019, I always make sure that the time is changed correctly when day light saving time is supposed to change.
You should have had an analogue clock with you to see the actual time. Or a digital clock like on your fridge, stove, microwave or whatever. Just set it to day light saving or back, depending on what part of year it is.

To answer your question, I don’t know why this has happened to you. It could be a glitch, something with connectivity on your phone or something entirely different. Don’t fret about it. Take a lesson from it and be prepared for when it’s summer and the time goes forward an hour.
Also, it won’t hurt to restart your iPhone every once in a while. It may have prevented this from happening.

Last edited:

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
It really is a country problem. Daylight savings is the biggest farce and I’m shocked it’s still being used. Glad I live in a country that doesn’t have it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It really is a country problem. Daylight savings is the biggest farce and I’m shocked it’s still being used. Glad I live in a country that doesn’t have it.

Yeah, I wish they stopped doing it in Europe, too.
Mwah, well, there have been talks. Maybe sometime soon they’ll actually stop changing the time back and forth.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal