IPhone x clear case like Apple case

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if there are any clear cases in the same shape and style like the official Apple leather and silicone case (with the exposed bottom)?

Last edited:

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if there are any clear cases in the same shape and style like the official Apple leather and silicone case (with the exposed bottom)?

I haven’t seen any cases like that. I understand that the bottom can get scratched with the way the Apple cases are exposed at the bottom. If so, you may want to keep that in mind.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I haven’t seen any cases like that. I understand that the bottom can get scratched with the way the Apple cases are exposed at the bottom. If so, you may want to keep that in mind.

I haven't seen anything like that, but perhaps the Peel case or Caudabe Sheath would work?

I can confirm that the exposed bottom scratches. I use an Apple Silicone case and the silver band has quite a few micro scratches when you look at them in the right lighting conditions. SG may not have this problem, so this might also depend on the color of the device you purchased.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I took a peek through several pages of clear cases on Amazon. I know I've seen one somewhere online before. If I remember where I'll post the link.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that the exposed bottom scratches. I use an Apple Silicone case and the silver band has quite a few micro scratches when you look at them in the right lighting conditions.

I have an Apple Watch SS and I put a silicone bezel on it and got several micro scratches, some of which were polished out. But to restore it to pristine will take professional help.

BUT— I thought I read somewhere that the band on the X is is harder than regular stainless steel. And you still got some micro scratching? Hm.

I'm wondering why the OP prefers an open bottom. I see a lot of cases like that but none in clear silicone.

Does anyone have a link to a high-quality clear silicone case that doesn't yellow? That's my concern with clear silicone.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to a high-quality clear silicone case that doesn't yellow? That's my concern with clear silicone.

They’re so inexpensive that if they yellowed after a few months I’d just buy a new one for the $5-$10 they cost. ...that’s just me.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
They’re so inexpensive that if they yellowed after a few months I’d just buy a new one for the $5-$10 they cost. ...that’s just me.

All well and good, but I really dislike subscription business models. I'm still debating paying $10/month and taxes for S3 data. So if I can find a quality silicone case for $15-25 or maybe more, that doesn't yellow, I'm there.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
All well and good, but I really dislike subscription business models. I'm still debating paying $10/month and taxes for S3 data. So if I can find a quality silicone case for $15-25 or maybe more, that doesn't yellow, I'm there.

I understand. I haven’t seen cases that mention anti-yellowing specifically.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinemichael37