• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iPhone X - Can you make the icons larger?

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I know on past iPhone there was a regular and a Zoomed mode that made the icons larger.

I can't find it on the X

Is it possible to make the icons larger on the X ?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I know on past iPhone there was a regular and a Zoomed mode that made the icons larger.

I can't find it on the X

Is it possible to make the icons larger on the X ?

It seems they removed that option on the X. If they haven't they moved it somewhere I can't find it.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Settings>display brightness>(scroll down)display zoom. That is not there? I will have to check my wife’s X when I get home

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
It’s only available on the Plus, for now.

I had a seven (non-plus), and it was available there too.
I already found this was removed on the X, and don’t think it’s a good idea. I know several people who always turned enlarged display on, as that felt more convenient for them. I was one of them.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I had a seven (non-plus), and it was available there too.
I already found this was removed on the X, and don’t think it’s a good idea. I know several people who always turned enlarged display on, as that felt more convenient for them. I was one of them.

It might be because of how tall the screen is, that could be why Apple disabled it on the X.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
It might be because of how tall the screen is, that could be why Apple disabled it on the X.
I think they might not yet be ready with adapting it to the different screen ratio, maybe also the notch plays a role. I really hope they will re-introduce it soon in a future iOS release.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spunkydj