iPhone X Battery Health

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Just updated to iOS 11.3 and looked at the new Battery Health (beta) feature and noticed that my iPhone X is already at 98% Maximum capacity. My wife’s is still at 100% and we both preorder.

I probably am a heavier user than she is and thus have likely charged and consumed more battery than she has but I was a bit surprised that it had decreased after 5 months (but as I type that, that’s a long enough period of time).

Does this make sense to others and what are you all seeing for battery max capacity?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a little bit of battery degradation if you’re a heavy user. That being said I’m a pretty heavy user myself and I’m still at 100%. Keep an eye on it and if it starts dropping quickly contact Apple Support. Anything over 80% is considered “healthy” but it shouldn’t happen quickly. Apple’s iPhone batteries are designed to retain 80% of their original capacity for 500 full charge cycles.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You should see some decline after 5 months of heavy use. My old iPhone 5 went down in less than 2 years. But my Wife's iPhone 5c was still at 95% after 4 years. I'm a heavy user, she wasn't.

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi there. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a little bit of battery degradation if you’re a heavy user. That being said I’m a pretty heavy user myself and I’m still at 100%. Keep an eye on it and if it starts dropping quickly contact Apple Support. Anything over 80% is considered “healthy” but it shouldn’t happen quickly. Apple’s iPhone batteries are designed to retain 80% of their original capacity for 500 full charge cycles.

That was my thought as well. Not a huge decrease, but notable at this point. If it continues to drop off it’ll be brought in.

I also live in Minnesota and it gets some exposure to weather when I’m outside (I listen to music/podcasts while snow blowing) so that could contribute to it as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2