IPhone with front facing camera

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
well apple can make what ever they want but some things are limited, like the network for example.

AT&T 3G is on average 700kbps according to the website. I personally get less than 700kbps --- around 400-500 on average and 700 on a good day. That is a big problem when it comes to video chat. The data rate isn't high enough to have a good enough video chat experience.

The only way around that is using wi-fi. I have 802.11n in my house but the iPhone 3G only has 802.11b/g and I'll only get around 2500kbps ( 802.11n on my mac is around 12000kbps on a good day. My wired computer gets about the same).

2500kbps is not bad at all. But being limited to only wi-fi is kind of stupid basically.

AT&T is suppose to be testing their new network , LTE , next year and launch in 2011. If I recall correctly, LTE is suppose to get 7.2mbps ( 7200kbps ). Knowing how the current 3G network varies , the average user won't get that much , maybe 3.6mbps.

An Enjoyable video chat experience would need a faster data rate on AT&T.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
and if I recall AT&T just tweaked their network to up the speed just a bit. Even if this boost is not enough wouldn't it be useful when your around a hotspot like, say, starbucks?

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
True. I mean , I think apple and AT&T would develop products and services in the " best interest " of the end users. Being tied down to a hot spot of even your home isn't really a great idea.

I would much rather be leaving the apple store with my new phone on iChat bragging to my friends.

If this even happens , an iChat for the new iPhone , how many people would you be able to do a two way chat with ??

But I guess they have to start somewhere.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
iPhone Video ? Apple mastered video 4 years ago. The iPhone was born playing videos.

Apple only gives suffix to old products that do new tricks.

- iPod Photo
- iPod Video
- iPhone 3G

Pretty soon , iPod video became just iPod. The same will happen to the iPhone.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
ipod became ipod touch. the iphone is doing a new trick, it's taking video. this name is boring but I feel it differentiates this phone from the others. plus I saw a leaked screen shot of this name that was pretty convincinng

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
ipod became ipod touch. the iphone is doing a new trick, it's taking video. this name is boring but I feel it differentiates this phone from the others. plus I saw a leaked screen shot of this name that was pretty convincinng

That picture you saw was probably the same one I've seen also and it debunked as a fake. They said anyone can put any thing the box and it will add it to the drop down menu.