Iphone will not text pics or videos to Android via home WiFi.

I

iMore Question

Iphone will not text pics or videos to Android via home WiFi. I have attempted all trouble shooting and am guessing this is a router issue after an Apple update. My wife and I are both having the same issue with our iPhones and only on our home network. I own an Arris SB 6141 and an Apple Airport Extreme router. We have had this issue for about 6 weeks now, possibly after the last IOS update? Is there a way to go into my modem and change settings? It is only a few years old and I don't feel like spending 70-100 bucks for this issue that is not caused by anything but a glitch.. Help please.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It might be a glitch OR it could be some sort of security feature that Apple has decided to add. Have you tried using some sort of shared storage option, such as Google Drive, iCloud, or MS One Drive?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It sounds like a router / network issue but unfortunately I do not have any knowledge of the hardware you are using.

What about this. You say you can't send text or images from Apple to Android, but what about Android to Apple? If it is definitely a network issue this shouldn't work either.

mitch9752

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
I am receiving pictures and video from androids while on my home wifi, but am unable to send to android. I have an iphone 8, my wife an iphone 6plus.
We are both having the same issue, and it is only outgoing on our home wifi network.

I called WOW, our ISP, and they said they haven't heard of it and did a hard reset on our modem, an Arris SB6141, my phone sent a few pics to android users, but then it reverted to the same problem of not being able to send. We've never had this issue until around the beginning of December and haven't been able to find our way around it. I think I've narrowed it to the modem or Apple Airport Extreme router, but I'm not an expert beyond narrowing the issue.

This becomes a major problem when you have 3 small children and do not live close to their grandparents (who are all android users) :) They want pictures and videos that they have grown accustom to that we currently cannot provide!

Thanks in advance!

mitch9752

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
As far as android to apple, I haven't had anyone in my home with an android as of late to put them on my network and give it a try.

Also, I appreciate the ideas of google drive and other share apps, but I just feel like I should be able to text pics and videos between apple and android devices...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro