iPhone users crying for refunds already..

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
iPwned - all Stevie J did is ensure that (a) you don't get back the $200 that everyone else will now save -after all the phone isn't worth more than $399 is it? (b) HE keeps ALL your money, anyway you look at it, rather than you go and spend that $100 at some other store like amazon. I only feel for the iPhone buyers who DON'T use iTunes etc - they got the real end of that stick!

Of course.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Steve Jobs said:
Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store. Details are still being worked out and will be posted on Apple's website next week. Stay tuned.
TRANSLATION: Welcome to the Company Store. You may spend all you want so long as you spend it on me! ;)

nsxprime

Dec 15, 2006
Visit site
iPhone isn't an overhyped product--it's a pretty incredible machine. Getting the full internet is WAY better than dealing with the mobile internet of the Treo.

You're a fool if you think that the iPhone gets the "full" internet. Stop believing everything that you see on TV commercials. LOL

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
It doesn't do Flash, does it? Therefore, NOT the full internet.

What he(Jobs) really meant was most HTML based sites will show as intended, but that sounds less glamourous.

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
You're a fool if you think that the iPhone gets the "full" internet. Stop believing everything that you see on TV commercials. LOL
It's the best internet experience i've ever seen on a phone. Adding flash would pretty much seal the deal.

zelgo#IM

Feb 20, 2005
Visit site
Okay, instead of "full" internet, I should have said "pretty close to full" internet. You happy? Some of you sound like a bunch of sourpusses because the Treo isn't the coolest thing around anymore!

I don't have an iPhone, but whenever I play with my friend's iPhone, I can be assured an full internet page (JUST like on my laptop) will come up (minus flash, of course).

In something the size of the iPhone--that's awesome! I don't have to wonder if somehow Blazer may or maynot have a mobile version of some site and wtyhere it will take my password.

iPhone has the true internet. I bet apple will get mobile flash--and then it will be incredible!

the Nokia N770 is pretty cool, but I'd rather not have to carry that as well as a phone separately in my pocket.

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
Okay, instead of "full" internet, I should have said "pretty close to full" internet. You happy? Some of you sound like a bunch of sourpusses because the Treo isn't the coolest thing around anymore!

So you can FTP/Telnet/Sling/IRC/WoW with that thing? Man I might have to look into getting one..

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
So you can FTP/Telnet/Sling/IRC/WoW with that thing? Man I might have to look into getting one..
I can scp, ssh and irc via web apps. Of course scp is limited to moving stuff around, but when combined with ssh thats fine for editing pages and moving them. I have no use for sling or wow and i dont know many people who would still use telnet over ssh or ftp over scp.

Mike Overbo

TC / Phone Different
Aug 21, 2006
phonedifferent.com

I don't think you can sling yet; the slingbox (to my knowledge) doesn't support the h.264 standard or something like that. Phil, the sling employee on the forums hasn't been exactly warm towards the iPhone, though I don't think he's here in any official capacity. See here, for example. At any rate, he could be a resource to ask if you're wondering about sling support on the iPhone.

FTP, telnet, IRC, and WoW: yes, you can do them all on the iPhone.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
True, not cash back. I'm sure that would be an accounting nightmare for Apple (book sales in one quarter and take a charge the next).

As you say, it's better than nothing, especially with memory & component prices dropping daily.

It has nothing to do with an accounting nightmare...they could do that just fine. It's that they want you spending it on high margin accessories. More cash in thier pocket (or less cash lost.)

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
as for the $100 offer i think that what Apple did was the right thing to do by their customers regardless if it was "planned" (as someone mentioned) or not. i think it was to safeguard their goodwill or at least help remedy what goodwill they may have lost/suffered in the recent iPhone $200 price cut. what they did was right and so many companies wished they could do the same (Palm is one that couldn't).

But Jobs' initial repsonse shows what he thinks of customers.

He has his billions, so to him, all his customers shoul have move to burn.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
no, he understands us consumers to live in a free market economy, he just knows how to best capitalize on it. palm and its officers on the other hand, don't.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
no, he understands us consumers to live in a free market economy, he just knows how to best capitalize on it. palm and its officers on the other hand, don't.

Your comment makes no sense.

In a free market he wouldn't give anything back...or more appropriately, he would have priced the device initially to the "proper" markets level to achieve maximum sales.

Not sure why the comparison to Palm; it obvious they are no clued into their customers (or maybe they are - their customers are the phone carriers.)

Jobs has a bit of arrogance toward customers, which customers don't really appreciate (esp. the super fanboys.) But what's funnier, is the fanboys are S&M type - they love the guy, but then will hate him as well.