iPhone trifecta rumored for 2009

alphajuliet

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
(Taken from theregister)
What are your thoughts????

Three new iPhones will appear in 2009, according to an analyst with the Canadian research firm Canaccord Adams.

According to a report on Seeking Alpha, analyst Peter Misek identifies the most lavish of the three as a 32GB iPhone 3G that will be available in multiple colors - an iPod Nanofication of the iPhone's bling level, in effect.

The remaining two projected 'Phones are less fashion-forward. The first would be a rebirth of the original iPhone "targeted for China and India." The original iPhone, as you'll remember, had no GPS circuitry - a limitation that some observers believe would be required by the security-conscious Chinese government.

The third and final new iPhone would be a low-cost device "about one-third the size of the 3G iPhone," according to Seeking Alpha. That's significantly smaller than the much-rumored iPhone Nano, for which Shenzhen, China, case maker XSKN is already selling cases on its website. Our guess is that someone at Seeking Alpha mistook "one-third smaller" for "one-third the size of."

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I could see that happening honestly. Not saying it will, but it goes along with how I feel about a new phone being released. Just because Apple said they will have a new iPhone every year does not mean it will have a complete overhaul every time. A jump up to 32 gig would be a update to the product no?

I smell major software update coming...

Grumps

Feb 12, 2009
www.nexxstudio.com
Major software update is what I'm waiting too. I don't have money to spill in for another iPhone but I'd definitely love to see more addons to what I've paid for haha!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Major software update is what I'm waiting too. I don't have money to spill in for another iPhone but I'd definitely love to see more addons to what I've paid for haha!

I want both! Software and Hardware. I also don't have the money, but I will be spending it anyway to do my part in helping the economy recover :D