iPhone to iPhone messages with push?

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Did a bit of a search but can't seem to find anything...

I'm looking for an app that allows free communication (text) between iPhones. Obviously want the app to have push as well so as to notify the other user that they have a message.

I found Telegram by Polar Bear Farm here which looks really really awesome but I'd like something that does text instead.

Any ideas?

Thanx guys :D

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
You could download aim and turn on push and just im each other.

Thought of that but AIM only keeps you online for 24hrs. Would also like to send my dad messages this way but he won't remember to log in once a day to stay online :(

Thanx though. Any other thoughts?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Thought of that but AIM only keeps you online for 24hrs. Would also like to send my dad messages this way but he won't remember to log in once a day to stay online :(

Thanx though. Any other thoughts?

You & the other person don't wanna get text message fees right or just you?

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Want it free for both of us. Don't want the message converted to an SMS either because I live in South Africa and all the text apps are for the States only.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
You could use aim and turn on sms alerts and when someone sends you a im it will send you a sms and remind you to open aim.

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
The newly updated Yahoo Messenger keeps you logged in for 2 weeks, and the 2 week period begins anew each time you launch the app. So, as long as you IM your dad once every two weeks, he'll never need to remember to log in.

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
You can stay logged in 24/7 with [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=291720439&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]BeeJive [/URL] and send sms with AIM,Yahoo

Thanx, I actually have BeeJive - only stays logged in for 24hrs, like AIM :(
I also have IM+ and that stays logged in for up to 3 days - still not long enough for him (what if he only uses it once that week?)

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
The newly updated Yahoo Messenger keeps you logged in for 2 weeks, and the 2 week period begins anew each time you launch the app. So, as long as you IM your dad once every two weeks, he'll never need to remember to log in.

Wow!! 2 weeks? That's awesome!! Definitely gonna download that and try. Thanx man :D

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Wow!! Yahoo Messenger on the iPhone is AWESOME!!!! Waaaay prettier than AIM. Seems to be quite stable too. Now just got to load it on my dad's phone. Gonna get all my friends with iPhones to load it too :)
We now have our own alternative to the good old days of BlackBerry Messenger :D

Thanx guys!!!

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Found an app - iPu**** [[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319819339&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]iTunes link[/URL]]
Seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Anyone tried it? Any thoughts?

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Found an app - iPu**** [[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319819339&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]iTunes link[/URL]]
Seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Anyone tried it? Any thoughts?

Ha ha - the forum thinks it's vulgar - he he :p
The app is called i-P-u-s-h-I-t

rapidblue

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site

Had a quick look. Looks pretty good.
So let me get this straight - you sign up and get an @textfree.us account, then your friends sends you a message (within textfree) to your @textfree.us account and you receive it in your copy of textfree?
I read the reviews and apparently some people say it takes an hour or two to receive their messages? Would it be better to then rather get the pay version?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods