iPhone stuck in boot loop

earthenwitch

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, I have an iPhone 5s that's gone into a boot loop. It won't go into safe mode and force restarting isn't helping. It's un-jailbroken but I know a lot of people that have jailbroken devices face this problem. Any help?

Unfortunately my memory is full and I'm two software updates behind (haven't had time to clear things out - new job etc) and I think it was iTunes that crashed.

The reason I turned the phone off in the first place was because iTunes wouldn't load, and turning the phone off and on again normally fixes app problems.

I'm trying to do anything I can to avoid having to reset or restore because I have a lot of things on the phone I don't want to lose (pictures of dead pets, relatives, record of work hours that haven't been paid yet, health issues, appointments etc) that I could really do without losing. I know I should've backed it up before but I've been so busy and had a lot of trouble at home so it's difficult to find the time.

I know it's a really slim chance but is there anything anyone can think of that I could do? I've contacted apple and they say just to reset it but I'm trying to contact any tech guys in my area to see if anyone knows anything.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you so so much!

Regards, Olivia

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Put the device in DFU mode and then restore it via iTunes. Be sure to install the latest version of iTunes on your computer beforehand.

anon(9760316)

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Your issue looks very bleak, if your iPhone is behaving that way it means that there's something critically wrong with its OS or some other component and the "problem" with how iPhones are built is that you need it to be working stabily to be able to access the data on it. Unfortunately, as the Apple guys have told you to get access to your iPhone you will need to try to troubleshoot it. As "Just_Me_D" said, you need to put the device into "recovery mode"/DFU and it will show you 2 options: Update or Restore. By trying the option "Update" it will not delete any of your data and media and it will try to correct the issues with your iOS, but if the issue persists you will need to choose "Restore" which as you already know deletes everything on the device.

Other than that I really don't know what you can do more, sorry.

Cheers,

Vila?a

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox