iPhone SE3 rumor

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
https://pocketnow.com/report-iphone-se-3-to-come-in-q1-2022-with-lcd-display

This would be perfect for those of us currently with an SE2 and wanting to upgrade to the latest processor.

Maybe not. I know that there are a lot of people who saw the SE as a small phone in addition to being a cheap phone. I think they'd prefer something like the iPhone 12 or 13 Mini perhaps with an LCD display, but sized more like that.

And I know that there are a lot of people who prefer the home button over the gestured interface, so they'd probably prefer something more like the iPhone 8 body with new internals that we have now with the SE2.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Maybe not. I know that there are a lot of people who saw the SE as a small phone in addition to being a cheap phone. I think they'd prefer something like the iPhone 12 or 13 Mini perhaps with an LCD display, but sized more like that.

And I know that there are a lot of people who prefer the home button over the gestured interface, so they'd probably prefer something more like the iPhone 8 body with new internals that we have now with the SE2.

The mini is too small for some of us with older eyes. While we want a smallish, easy to carry, device we don’t want the mini.
We’ll have to wait for the final specs but I’m just glad they’re continuing to bring a device like this to the public.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The mini is too small for some of us with older eyes. While we want a smallish, easy to carry, device we don’t want the mini.
We’ll have to wait for the final specs but I’m just glad they’re continuing to bring a device like this to the public.

Absolute !

My 54yo eyes have no problem with the Mini screen… which is not only larger, but MUCH better than the SE screen.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My 54yo eyes have no problem with the Mini screen… which is not only larger, but MUCH better than the SE screen.

Perhaps, but SE is the last bastion for those who prefer touch ID. The rumour says the touch ID was reassigned to the side (power) button. Some of us still prefer a home button but will take the side button too:)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps, but SE is the last bastion for those who prefer touch ID. The rumour says the touch ID was reassigned to the side (power) button. Some of us still prefer a home button but will take the side button too:)

I love Touch ID. It’s interesting that it might be put on the side. Might be a great way to save screen real estate.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

My disagreement with the OP was over screen size, not Touch ID.

Anyway, that rumour is false. The SE3 will be exactly the same as the current one, just with an upgraded processor and camera ;-)

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
For you, but what about the rest of us? I’m 60 and wear glasses.

Why isn’t it a good thing to have choice?

Choice is good, I have no issue with that. My issue was with your sweeping statement saying that the Mini is too small and ‘we’ don’t want it.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyway, that rumour is false. The SE3 will be exactly the same as the current one, just with an upgraded processor and camera ;-)

The candle is lit!
I hope you are right.... I rather prefer a touch ID on home button.
But in the end, either way is fine with me, as long as it's touch ID:)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
‘We don’t want the Mini’ is though.

Put the entire paragraph together. “We” refers to “some of us”.
Perhaps English isn’t your first language or you didn’t do well in school with grammar so I don’t want to keep this ridiculous conversation going. Either you have something of merit to add or you don’t but please stop with your current focus on a simple comment.
The topic is the SE3 and I would welcome an intelligent conversation with you.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Put the entire paragraph together. “We” refers to “some of us”.
Perhaps English isn’t your first language or you didn’t do well in school with grammar so I don’t want to keep this ridiculous conversation going. Either you have something of merit to add or you don’t but please stop with your current focus on a simple comment.
The topic is the SE3 and I would welcome an intelligent conversation with you.

Firstly, I’m English. We invented the language, and I did just fine at school, thanks.

Secondly, you own an SE2020 and you said that the Mini was too small. I was trying to point out that the Mini has a larger 5.4” screen, compared to your 4.7” screen.

Thirdly, this is the iPhone 13 forum. You started a thread about a rumoured SE3 device, which doesn’t belong in here. The linked rumour was garbage too.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro