Iphone SE touchscreen is not working correctly

mariang790

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I got an SE for my sister recently, and since yesterday the touchscreen of it is not working correctly, for example if i press around the top part of the screen it takes me to the Phone, and scrolling left/right and to close an app doesn't work properly, anything I could do?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Has there been any screen impacts or water damage that you know of? Is this an abrupt issue or has it been steadily getting worse.

We need more information in order to help you. In the mean time try a Hard Reset of the device by holding the Home Button and Power Button at the same time until the device goes dark and reboots itself

mariang790

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site
No screen or water damage, its getting worse, first it were possible to use it to some degree, but now you can't even close the apps or even use anything

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
No screen or water damage, its getting worse, first it were possible to use it to some degree, but now you can't even close the apps or even use anything

Sounds like the digitizer is on the frizz. Take it to an Apple certified dealer and have them run a test on it.

The SE is worth fixing if you choose to

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think this definitely calls for a visit to the Genius Bar at a nearby Apple Store. If there's not an Apple Store near you, then I'd contact Apple Support, or visit an Apple certified dealer. Good luck and keep us posted!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro