iPhone SE or wait?

sgirardot15

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I was hoping to get some opinions on whether I should upgrade to an iPhone SE, or if I should wait for the next iPhone model to be announced. I have an iPhone 5s and I really like the size, but I'm not sure if the display and camera would be better in an SE versus the next new iPhone addition.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
The camera on the back is improved much more than it was on the 5s. As for the display, not sure. You could wait if you think it would benefit you though and if your phone does the job for now.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, sgirardot15!

It depends on how much you really use and depend on your camera. Me, for example, I have a DSLR so a phone camera is not a big issue.... although nice for the quick shots to text to friends I don't need it to be all that great. This is really going to be questions you need to ask yourself.

Having said that, I own the 6s, which has the same camera as the SE (the selfie camera on the SE is not as good as the 6s though). IMHO it's a fantastic camera, so if you like the size of your current phone then go ahead and snag the SE.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I was hoping to get some opinions on whether I should upgrade to an iPhone SE, or if I should wait for the next iPhone model to be announced. I have an iPhone 5s and I really like the size, but I'm not sure if the display and camera would be better in an SE versus the next new iPhone addition.

U kinda answered your question. U like the size of your 5s. Go for the SE. The next set of iPhones are gonna be 4.7 & 5.5 inches.  says the SE is basically a iPhone 6s in a 5s form factor.

Levo

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
If you aren't desperate to upgrade I would wait and see what you think of the 7? Can always go SE anyway.

deepanshu1990

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
In the 4" form factor, it's highly unlikely that Apple will release another upgarde with a crispier 720p or 1080p display. If the rumour mill has to be believed, Apple has a contract with Samsung and LG for OLED screens, but if that's for iPhone or iPad is unsure. If display is not your concern, I don't think there can be a better phone than the SE with a 4" screen most stunningly beautiful form factor. There is a reason Apple went for 6S specs in 5s form factor. Moreover SE is built for the future. You buy it now, it's future safe till the next 2 upgrades.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

BloodyViruz

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
The 5s is still capable of anything. If you're not interested in the better camera and battery, I'd wait. But I don't think that Apple will release a "SE 2" anytime soon.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site

The 7 phones are gonna make giant changes according to apple. You should wait because you might want the new features, better processor, etc. The camera in the Iphone 7 is definitely going to be better there are rumors of some dual camera thing going on :). Also the display in the 6 and 7 (in bigger phones) is better than in smaller phones (5s and SE). The 7 will definitely have a better display and camera.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Depends what you are looking for. There will always be another great thing around the corner. If you prefer the size of the SE then go for it.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

It sounds like the phone size is a priority for you; you can't go wrong with the iPhone SE. The SE primary camera is a nice improvement compared to the iPhone 5s; 12MP vs 8MP.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I never wait. I find it a practice in futility. If you're always waiting for "the next big thing", when will you enjoy what's here? If the 7 comes out and you really feel the pull, there are many routes to go to get your hands on one. Never wait. Tomorrow is never promised.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I might add... you might want to go check out the iPhone 6s to see how that compares in the hand to the SE. If you're comfortable with the slightly larger size on the 6s... you could pick one of those up, or wait for the 7 :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR