iPhone screen size - Is it time for a bigger display?

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else wish the iPhone had a bigger screen size? I personally think the bbz10 has the perfect size screen. And I can only hope apple makes an iPhone with that screen size.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am happy with the screen and personally hope that all the rumors about a 4.5" are untrue.

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
But... bigger is better! 'Murica! I need a 6.5" 16-core smartphone so I can watch my Youtube videos while I eat my triple quarter pound hamburger and drink my 44oz soda pop in the front seat of my 7 passenger 8000lbs SUV that gets 9mpg which I constantly drive completely alone!

But I digress. I wouldn't complain if the iPhone had 4.2" to 4.7" screen... but I am completely satisfied with the current screen size. When I need more screen real estate than the iPhone can muster to consume media, that is what the iPad is for.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Whatever Apple does with the screen I'm in. Stay the same,bigger, whatever I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm a 4.3 inch screen guy. Not too big and not too small.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

I always thought that was the sweet spot also.

I'm coming from a Galaxy S2, Sprint version, that had a 4.5in screen. I really thought I would miss the screen size but so far I'm perfectly content.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The horse is dead, has been beaten to a bloody pulp and the vultures have picked the carcass clean.

Apple will release an iPhone with a bigger when and only when they feel it's necessary.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

MisterMe11

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The question is, how will they handle the screen resolution? If they keep the current resolution, then DPI will drop too low. Even if they made a phablet size, i don't think that would justify doubling the pixel count on both axes, but it would make life easier for developers. Something in between would require some rework for apps, unless Apple can come up with some good auto scaling tools. I'm not sure if that is practical.

The next iPhone is definitely going to be bigger then 4 inches. It's a given.

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I love the iPhone but I have some pretty big hands, just wish they had one with a screen no bigger than 5". And I refuse to use androids or windows phones.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
If the iPhone 6 has bigger screen, I don't care how it happens I will throw a mannequin made of pig meat and filled with fake blood over the side of the Apple HQ. And I will then grip Tim Cooks hand tightly, and walk him out into the street where I will make us get hit by a car, and then I will make us fall back onto another car, and we will just go back and forth all day.

I will do this if it does have a bigger one

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
But... bigger is better! 'Murica! I need a 6.5" 16-core smartphone so I can watch my Youtube videos while I eat my triple quarter pound hamburger and drink my 44oz soda pop in the front seat of my 7 passenger 8000lbs SUV that gets 9mpg which I constantly drive completely alone!

But I digress. I wouldn't complain if the iPhone had 4.2" to 4.7" screen... but I am completely satisfied with the current screen size. When I need more screen real estate than the iPhone can muster to consume media, that is what the iPad is for.
You wouldn't want to drink the "child" size 512 Oz cup? its only 25 cents more

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If Apple puts a 4.3" screen on the iPhone, people will complain that it doesn't have a 5" screen...if Apple puts a 5" screen on the iPhone, people will boast about how Apple is copying the rest of the market is is not innovative...there is no winning on this front, there is no "optimal" screen size that is different than what the iPhone offers now (when it comes to general market approach)...based on the continued popularity and success Apple finds with the iPhone, it seems to me that they found the optimal screen size for the release time each iPhone has come out. I have no doubt it will be larger in the future, but I don't think there will ever be a stop to these kinds of posts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative