iPhone resale question

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I have a Sprint iPhone 4 8GB,jailbroken,thats still under contract. I don't really want the iPhone 5,so I figured that I wait for the 5 to come out,sell my 4 for maybe,$300,$350 on eBay,& then buy a 4S since it'll be pretty cheap.
My only question is can I do this? Can I sell a phone that is still under contract? Will I have to add a new line?

I just kinda want some insight

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No, the phone is yours to do what you want with. Many people sell their iPhones when they are still in a contract in order to off set the cost of buying a newer iPhone model.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
then buy a 4S since it'll be pretty cheap.

I wouldn't bank on the 4S been pretty cheap once the new iPhone is released because second hand Apple products (especially popular Apple products like the iPhone) fetch a really good price.

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't bank on the 4S been pretty cheap once the new iPhone is released because second hand Apple products (especially popular Apple products like the iPhone) fetch a really good price.

I know someone who says they'll sell their 4S to me for whatever I sell my 4 for so they can buy the 5

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
You can still sell the phone once you get a 4S or the 5, but have to make the switch from your old phone to the new one so it will have a clean ESN. If you dont, then the ESN will be bad and can no longer be activated on the Sprint Network.

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
You can still sell the phone once you get a 4S or the 5, but have to make the switch from your old phone to the new one so it will have a clean ESN. If you dont, then the ESN will be bad and can no longer be activated on the Sprint Network.

Do you know how to do that?

You can still sell the phone once you get a 4S or the 5

I wanted to sell it before I bought the 4S

Last edited:

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
To keep a clean esn on the phone you'll have to switch to an unused phone, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk