iPhone Pro Max Case Thread. Let's see them.

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
Friday is the day, folk.
I am ordering the iPhone Max 512 gb, waiting for Otterbox defender case, [redacted]

Which case will you be getting for your new iPhone 11 Pro Max?
-----

My review for the free case Armadillotek sent me via the PM,
Roar.jpg

Very nice case! I immediately removed the plastic screen protector as I use glass. Always amazes me how people like these cheap plastic screen savers and put them on a $1000+ device. The feel of glass is far superior to the sticky friction prone, cloudy plastic. I knew this before I bought the case and removal was easy with a quick few passes of my hot gun. They should offer this case without the plastic screen. The bezel with plastic screen removed does not lift the corners of my body guardz glass ! Not so with the Supcase I tried. So this case is definitely glass screen protector friendly. The feel of the case is excellent. Feels secure in the hands with a nice texture. Corners are soft and will absorb an impact. I feel the phone is well protected. Fit is excellent and great tactile response from all the buttons. The lightning port is well protected with a pull down seal and large opening for easy access. Camera cutout perfect with no issues taking pictures.

Image 2.png
Image 1.png

Ok, so why the 4 stars and not 5. Well the main reason I chose this case was for the kickstand. I need a kickstand and this one does function well but alas its construction is total plastic. Not sure how this will hold up over time with hundreds of opening and closing. Plastic hinges SUCK and fail miserably over time. I would gladly pay extra for a METAL kickstand and METAL HINGE that would last a lifetime. Apple’s metal case cell reception design restrictions be dammed!

Overall I really like this case and do recommend it sans the plastic screen protector and I have yet to find a bulletproof kickstand design.

Link to Amazon :

Last edited by a moderator:

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
re: What case is everyone getting for their iPhone 11 Pro Max?

Evutec Karbon (daily driver) and probably some thin, cheap TPUs that get used once or twice then sit in a drawer.

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: What case is everyone getting for their iPhone 11 Pro Max?

I'm getting the Pro Max 512GB Space Gray and slapping an Apple black leather case on it.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

I ordered the blue Otterbox Lumen from the Apple site. I’m still going back and forth between midnight green and silver and I think the case would look good with both. I just hope it won’t be too bulky.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Ordered the Sonix Pearl case for the silver Pro Max. I’ve had Sonix cases before and they feel nice, have good button press and just the right amount of protection for me. Plus they come in a myriad of colors and graphics. Definitely girly though. Lol! I’ll end up with an Apple silicone sometime too. I’ve had the leather and the silicone and prefer the silicone myself. Got a pink sand silicone on my Xs right now but also have an Apple leather I seldom used.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I got this one from Case Mate until hopefully Otterbox does another Disneyland Symmetry. Going to miss my Castle case.
6fe54635dddc922a553ea245aeb5ae85.jpg

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
What case is everyone getting for their iPhone 11 Pro Max?

Probably a clear case to start, and a solid silicone case from eBay. Nothing fancy yet....as the cases with designs are ugly with the new camera layout to me lol

Maribear92

Sep 12, 2019
Visit site

Any tips on how I could jump in the same boat as you as far as getting companies to send cases for an exchange of a review?

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Apple silicone like always.

I had an Apple silicone case on my 7+ and loved it so I got another one when I got my X. It hasn’t held up :(. The bottom corners have chipped away so the plastic is exposed, and the silicone along the bottom and sides is peeling away. I have to keep tucking it back in. Granted, I’ve only had this case on in the two years I’ve had the phone.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I had an Apple silicone case on my 7+ and loved it so I got another one when I got my X. It hasn’t held up :(. The bottom corners have chipped away so the plastic is exposed, and the silicone along the bottom and sides is peeling away. I have to keep tucking it back in. Granted, I’ve only had this case on in the two years I’ve had the phone.

I’ve had this happen on every silicon case from Apple since the X. I get them replaced every year before the year warranty goes out.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Might end up being either that guaranteed not to yellow series of clear from Speck or probably more than likely that "Smartish kung fu grip" series that iMore has been talking up in their 11 Pro/Max case articles until the companies I'm more familiar with put stuff out https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VN7YC6X?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3159645 Not that I'm not familiar with Speck, just always been a fan of other stuff for some reason.

I know one case company that is DEFINITELY on my naughty list though. Rhinoshield. They've got a lot of work to do if they ever want me to buy another case from them. I loved my bumper case on my 7+. Bought a solidsuit for my X about 3 months ago though and it's now in the trash as of last night. Besides the case itself having the plastic "fray" in a number of areas for no reason (probably covered by warranty) the buttons the colored parts popped off leaving the underlying clear material exposed. Those are NOT covered under warranty and are considered consumables. The worst part is they cost more to ship than the actual buttons. Yeah, I'm just done with them for now.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Nice cheap one from amazon. Arriving today. Will get a better case when I see what comes out in the future

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Spigen Thin Fit in black. Got one for $11 on Amazon. Being delivered tomorrow.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I’m not getting my pro Max till after I get my Chanel double flap so October will be a great month for me but I like these

a3ad9ee5a092f5246947199ea367582c.jpg
bf052ac94bc7495f1016bc61cc46d669.jpg
33fcddcf402a5463670d30565742bdde.jpg
24cd1caa5f81d4127aaaf469f47c1e95.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Ended up ordering an i-blason clear one for $12 on Amazon. The kung fu grip one from the other company for some reason increased price to $15 from $12 and I don't plan to run either of these initial cases long. Just while I wait for more stuff to appear from the brands I really like. The weird part on the kung fu grip one that made me avoid it was that their website even sells it for $12 and the Amazon listing is sold/shipped by Amazon and it's only the clear that is raised in price. A couple days ago it was actually the lower price then they "sold out" and now have more again. Not sure what Amazon is trying to pull.

MSUlover

Nov 9, 2018
Visit site

ESR clear case. I ordered the beautiful midnight green. I’m so excited! Finally, an iPhone in my MSU Spartans green!