iPhone owners are ditching Apple for foldables, Motorola claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
CNET reports that Motorola's 20% figure is actually based on numbers from 2021, after the company launched its previous-generation Razr foldable.

And now, two years later, those iPhone users that bought the folding phone realized they made a mistake are are back on iPhone.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been purchasing foldable phones for the past 4 years straight. They've all been Samsung though. I haven't had a Motorola phone in about 10. I might give the Razr+ a try if the iPhone 15 somehow manages not to have USB-C. I am never buying another product with a lightning port and my 14 Pro Max battery life is worse than my 13 Pro Max of which I no longer have.

You kind of have to keep buying foldables every year at ridiculous prices, since they have a pretty high display failure rate.

Probably why sales are so low.

6ad7486813e14d32bc28e6784e1ecbba.jpg

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that I ran into a person using a foldable phone in my commute home two days ago.

My immediate reaction was that I would never use a device with a visible seam that’s part of the experience.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that I ran into a person using a foldable phone in my commute home two days ago.

My immediate reaction was that I would never use a device with a visible seam that’s part of the experience.

I have a younger brother who has a Samsung Fold or whatever it’s called and he loves it. It’s a slick looking device, but it’s not for me.

Reactions: Killeen92

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
On average I buy about 3 phones a year. I try to have the latest greatest from every manufacture. Tech is my thing and I get bored easily so one device is not an option. Same goes for video game consoles, streaming devices etc. I've done upgraded a 7.2.4 Atmos system twice in 18 months.

Exactly, you haven’t replaced your iPhone or traditional slab phone with a folding phone, like Motorola is falsely claiming.

Most consumers prefer a larger tablet.

Personally for me nothing beats an iPad Pro 12.9 + iPhone pro max.

Enjoy your hobby .

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Every phone has it's strengths and weaknesses. If there ever was a perfect phone, i'd only own one phone.

The problem with multipole phones is that you will always have a compromised experience on iOS.

Most multiple phones users are forced to settle for cross platform compatibility, which is always a degraded experience on iOS compared to native apple apps and services that work throughout the apple ecosystem. You also give up a good chunk of privacy for it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Every phone has it's strengths and weaknesses. If there ever was a perfect phone, i'd only own one phone.

Agreed, but….there’s a difference between a “perfect phone” and a phone that’s perfect for you. I love the fact that we have choices to choose from. In the early 2000’s, BlackBerry devices were perfect “for me”. I had two Android phones - HTC EVO 4G and the Droid Incredible and I enjoyed them both.

Since that time, I’ve pretty much had every iPhone model/series with the exception of the original iPhone, the iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 5C.

By no means is iOS and the iPhone “perfect”, but both are perfect “for me” just like the BlackBerry was back in the day.

Reactions: FFR

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Exactly, you haven’t replaced your iPhone or traditional slab phone with a folding phone, like Motorola is falsely claiming.

Most consumers prefer a larger tablet.

Personally for me nothing beats an iPad Pro 12.9 + iPhone pro max.

Enjoy your hobby .

Hey, if my iPad had cellular and could pair with my Apple Watch, I’d stop using iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711