iPhone Outlook Calendar Sharing Questions

mmbella

Jul 13, 2018
Visit site
I’d like to able to view on my iPhone: Personal events entered into my iPhone calendar and work events pulled in from my work Outlook calendar.

Here's the problem - If I leave my job or get laid off, my employer shuts down my Outlook account causing all of my work events to disappear from my iPhone. I’ve added personal events and doctor appointments to my work Outlook calendar so they’re all in one place. If I get disconnected from my work Outlook, I’ll lose these events. If I change these events from my Outlook calendar to my personal calendar they show up on my iPhone but not on my work monitor’s Outlook calendar so then someone ends up scheduling a meeting at the same time as a doctor appointment.

The only way to do avoid this is to duplicate all my work events in my personal iPhone calendar and to duplicate all my personal events in my work Outlook calendar. Is there a way to show these events in both calendars without duplicating them and without losing them if Outlook gets turned off? Thank You!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Duplicating them is probably the easiest/cleanest way to do it.

One thing I do with my work calendar for events that I want to send to my personal calendar is to use the "Invite Attendees" feature and enter my GMail address that I use for my calendar on my personal phone. Then those events are added to the calendar on my GMail.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition, if there's an export option within the Outlook calendar, you can export the calendar event at the end of each day and then send it to your personal email account for safekeeping. If by chance, you leave the company, you can import the last calendar file you exported.