iPhone not being recognised by pc

wandalun

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, I tried to downgrade itunes to 8.1.1 and suddenly my pc (windows xp) wont recognise my iphone. It wont even charge it on usb, its as if the phone isnt even connected to the pc :(

Does anyone have any idea? I look in device manager and the phone isnt listed in the universal serial bus, like it is supposed to be. How do I get it back?

Grrr any help would be much appreciated :)

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Why would you downgrade your iTunes to 8.1.1? iTunes 8.2 is just fine for pretty much anything.

My first guess would be that when you installed iTunes 8.2, the iPhone drivers were updated and they just don't work with iTunes 8.1.1.

Just a guess though.

wandalun

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
basically, itunes, on getting my 3gs and trying to sync it, told me that this was the wrong version of itunes and that I needed a newer version- when I was already on 8.2?? So, i thought perhaps it was something to do with it having been 8.1.1....

anyway, long and short of it- before I installed 8.1.1, itunes would find the phone, but refused to sync it...

So, I am all out of ideas now!

Thanks

wandalun

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
have just had another look and it says that itunes IS 8.2... but the iphone still isnt being recognised or even charged! I checked that the apple mobile device support is installed and working- it is.

Any other ideas?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh