iPhone no longer charges since IOS 7 Upgrade

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to find anyone else having this issue, so I thought I'd post about it!

Since upgrading to IOS 7 my iPhone will not charge properly, it'll charge for a short while and then simply stop. I've tried two different chargers and both give the same results. Neither of them are Apple made however, so it could have something to do with the iPhone 5 authentication chip within the chargers themselves. The worst part is, the laptop doesn't recognise them at all, so I can't even put the phone into DFU mode and downgrade back to IOS 6.

I've ordered a new charger directly from Apple, hopefully I'll have better luck with that one!

Anyone else experienced this problem? If you're thinking about upgrading and you don't have an Apple made charger, I highly recommend you hold off!

Sarah Poynder

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to find anyone else having this issue, so I thought I'd post about it!

Since upgrading to IOS 7 my iPhone will not charge properly, it'll charge for a short while and then simply stop. I've tried two different chargers and both give the same results. Neither of them are Apple made however, so it could have something to do with the iPhone 5 authentication chip within the chargers themselves. The worst part is, the laptop doesn't recognise them at all, so I can't even put the phone into DFU mode and downgrade back to IOS 6.

I've ordered a new charger directly from Apple, hopefully I'll have better luck with that one!

Anyone else experienced this problem? If you're thinking about upgrading and you don't have an Apple made charger, I highly recommend you hold off!

I have this problem, however mine will charge with the apple charger, just not with my charging case as it is not apple made.

I hope your new charger doesn't disappoint.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem, however mine will charge with the apple charger, just not with my charging case as it is not apple made.

I hope your new charger doesn't disappoint.

Seems it must be down to the Authentication chip then, hopefully my Apple charger doesn't take too long to arrive!

amzchhabra

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I have just discovered this too. Seems the non-original cables do not charge the device. Best buy some original spares now, as my usual cable is always at home :(

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have just discovered this too. Seems the non-original cables do not charge the device. Best buy some original spares now, as my usual cable is always at home :(

I can get mine to charge, but I have to put the wire in a specific way and cannot touch my phone, it's a little irritating but it's better than not being able to charge at all, it'll keep me going until my Apple Charger arrives - I just wish the laptop could recognise it so I could revert back to IOS 6 until it arrives

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Never had this issue until beta 3. About every 3rd day, phone stops charging in the middle of the night. I am using a Mophie Air as well on my phone just to add.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Never had this issue until beta 3. About every 3rd day, phone stops charging in the middle of the night. I am using a Mophie Air as well on my phone just to add.

My Mophie Air / iPhone 5 / iOS 7 combination is having no issues... I charge it every night, and wake up to a phone charged to between 98-100% every morning.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it's not every night for me. Just weird this started with beta 3. I restored the other night hoping that solves it. Time will tell since I can't duplicate it at any time.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So far no more of the charging stopping in the middle of the night since I restored last Saturday. *knocks on wood*

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My phone now did it with a Apple cord. Stopped charging at 43% last night and phone would even read the charger at all. Never had this issues until betas 3 so I'll assume its the beta. If it continues later on, then I know its a hardware problem.

dasupaman23

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I think I jinxed myself last night. I was reading this thread. I read it because I noticed my non OEM lightning cables weren't charging. Then this morning I woke up to my Mophie JP Air saying it wasn't supported. It did however charge to 100% on the phone and case. Not sure why it would say this since I'm using the Mophie USB and the Apple charging plug. Hope it's not an issue in the next beta and/or final version. Little things like this keep me going back to 6.1.4

Alex110080

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Im having trouble getting my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 Beta 3 to charge with Apple Cables and chargers. Worst part is that its out of battery and wont charge no matter what i do. Any suggestions?

epaga

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have this exact same problem. My phone is completely decharged by now and is not charging any more.

I can't downgrade because the phone won't charge. This is a pretty bad situation. :(

Fred Bentley

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded ios7 and my charger case no longer works either ( a warning would of been nice )I'm pissed. I wonder if it will even work with speaker hookup since they are not apple products it really doesn't make sense since Apple sales mophie. They are really going to shake up the aftermarket industry I only spent $100 I can imagine the companies with millions invested as if apple doesn't make enough money let someone else eat.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73