iphone newbie

ps124

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

i've just purchased a 2g iphone off my mate. Apparently he factory defaulted it before selling it to me. Its unlocked (i can use any phone network in the UK on it - it works) and has this installer app on it. the firmware is 1.1.4. I've not connected it to itunes, registered etc. I don't know where to begin really. I've read some information on this site but I need someone to push me in the right direction. Some people have told me to firstly upgrade the firmware and register with itunes. I don't know if thats true?

What I need to know is:

Do I need to do anything to it in terms of upgrading the firmware, jailbraking, confirguration?
I'm using my own sim card in the phone and it works fine, but I wanted to download some apps such as tubedeluxe etc. how do I do it?
If I connect it to itunes, what will/can/should happen?

Can someone point me in the right direction please? Any help would be much appreciated!

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
If you want to update your iPhone witch will add new features you WILL have to rejailbreak and unlock.

ps124

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Im totally new to the iphone so I don't know if I need to update it? Do you think I need to update the firmware going forward? Obviously updating it will mean I have to re-jailbreak it but will I need to unlock it? I've heard the unlock will remain in tact. Can you confirm?

Also, do I really need to jailbreak it? What is the benefit? You help is much appreciated

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73