iPhone lockscreen's becoming boring?

blackcl0ud#IM

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is no offense but since the first iOS release until now, it's iOS6. I see there is not much improvement on the lockscreen. We can see that there are only little change on it, for example notification pop up, camera fast button...

I was hoping something new for lockscreen would come from iOS6 but once again apple made me disappointed. It's really a waste to left the lockscreen nothing but the clock. Don't wanna compare but you know with Android, it's more than a lockscreen but somehow a flipchart where various information is dynamically updated and we don't have to go to specific apps like in iOS.

Are you happy with the lockscreen?

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Some people just don't understand the purpose of the lock screen. The lock screen isn't supposed to harbor a whole load of information. It's supposed.. to lock the phone.

When the phone is locked, it's practically off. That way, when you put it in your pocket, you don't accidentally launch apps or email your boss.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I jailbreak for many reasons and this is definitely one, but I wish Apple would at least ALLOW people to use their lockscreens for more than time/date/camera. If they don't want to add to it that's fine, but the option would be nice.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The lock screen is a symbol of the iPhone. Apple has added more functionality with notification center and I'm sure they will add more in the future, but don't expect anything too drastic.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
This is another area where Apple has fallen way behind, but don't complain, you're supposed to accept whatever Apple gives you, innovation is for Android/Windows etc..

Reactions: Eileen89

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I like the lock screen. But I like the iPhone the way it is and I don't jailbreak so I'm probably in the minority.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I like the lock screen. But I like the iPhone the way it is and I don't jailbreak so I'm probably in the minority.

actually, no you are not. i would have to say you are in the Majority. how many times does one need to see a WWF notification? or FB response? -- once and it is enough. i'll reply when i choose to do so. not be reminded EVERY time i wake my phone

don't let those jailbreakers sway your thoughts :D

believe it or not, i do have a life away from my phone... well kind of haha

k_kjong

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm maybe an odd one here, but I like the lockscreen to be as clean as possible. I used Intelliscreen X before, but now I find it to cluttered. So I just swipe up the Intelliscreen, and if I want some information available there, I just swipe it down on the lockscreen. Even I use one tweak called Clock Hide, so the only clock on my lockscreen is the one in the status bar.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm maybe an odd one here, but I like the lockscreen to be as clean as possible. I used Intelliscreen X before, but now I find it to cluttered. So I just swipe up the Intelliscreen, and if I want some information available there, I just swipe it down on the lockscreen. Even I use one tweak called Clock Hide, so the only clock on my lockscreen is the one in the status bar.

you probably already know but you can hide ISX by default on the LS and then swipe down when needed :)

k_kjong

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
you probably already know but you can hide ISX by default on the LS and then swipe down when needed :)

Really? I haven't seen that option. Do you mean by hiding the ISX on LS by default, it is to turn off the 'Show on Lock Screen' toggle on ISX's settings? Because I tried to do that, and I cannot swipe down ISX on LS.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Really? I haven't seen that option. Do you mean by hiding the ISX on LS by default, it is to turn off the 'Show on Lock Screen' toggle on ISX's settings? Because I tried to do that, and I cannot swipe down ISX on LS.

there is a toggle called Show On Startup, turn it to OFF then respring. i believe it is referring to whether you want ISX to show when you wake your device

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
there is a toggle called Show On Startup, turn it to OFF then respring. i believe it is referring to whether you want ISX to show when you wake your device

Just to clarify (because I spent a lot of time trying to figure this out when I used ISX) "Show On Startup" refers to right after a restart. But for the everyday wake/sleep type of on and off (pressing the lock button) ISX will remember whether or not it was showing, according to Intelliborn. So if it was hidden when you locked your device, it's hidden when you next wake it. If it was showing, it will be showing.

(This is actually the feature that eventually got me on the road back to using Lockinfo.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen