• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iPhone lock screen becomes black and blurry

sophiawb

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I'm quite confused, as when my iPhone is locked and I get a notification, the background wallpaper seems to go black and slightly blurry. This also happens when listening to music. Does anyone know how to stop this, as I would like to be able to see my wallpaper when listening to music. It is possible, as my friends screen isn't black and fuzzy but she doesn't know how it got like that.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting your device to see if it somehow corrects itself?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It is working as intended. The wallpaper is blurred out when you receive a notification. Even when listening to a song with album art.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Try rebooting your device. Press and hold the power button and the home button down until you see the Apple logo then release.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think it's supposed to do that way so you can read the notifications. You can go to notifications in settings and turn everything off for "Show in Lock Screen". That would take care of much of it. And you could still show the notifications on the pull down notification screen.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
If you receive a message on your notification screen, the background is supposed to be blurry. It's the same on my iPhone and iPad too.

As others have said, go into Settings and turn off Lock Screen Notifications but keep them in your Notification Pull Down.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohammadreza