iPhone home button

bigjay1641

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes my iPhone home button will stop working completely like the phone freezes and nothing works. Has anybody heard of this before

Dan_M

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
No I haven't but I have worried about it. I sometimes worry that if it's stop working I'll have to use that accessory button that you activate from the settings. Maybe 10 years ago when I had a blackberry, the ball would always cause problems. I'd have to open and clean it. My friends who had models with the buttons eventually had to replace them. I was a little worried switching from android that I would end up having problems with a physical button once again.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually just had that happen this morning, and it has happened once before. I have to leave my phone be for a few minutes and then it goes back to normal. Both times have happened when I've been within an app.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd hope these home buttons don't fail. Wasn't that a primary reason for the change in the home button? To reduce the failure rates? I personally haven't experienced any issues.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have another problem: sometimes my home button acts up and when I click it it feels like it clicks a thousand times while I rest my finger... Do y'all know what I mean? :confused: But then I do a home button reset and everything is getting back to normal.
It mostly happens when I charge it by using my MacBook.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have another problem: sometimes my home button acts up and when I click it it feels like it clicks a thousand times while I rest my finger... Do y'all know what I mean? :confused: But then I do a home button reset and everything is getting back to normal.
It mostly happens when I charge it by using my MacBook.

Is this a 7/7plus or a 6/6s?

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Is this a 7/7plus or a 6/6s?

7 Plus
I rest my finger on the home button after "clicking" it to unlock the device and while my finger rests on it the Taptic Engine gives feedback a thousand times per second so Siri pops up and it goes back to normal after a home button reset

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
No I haven't but I have worried about it. I sometimes worry that if it's stop working I'll have to use that accessory button that you activate from the settings. Maybe 10 years ago when I had a blackberry, the ball would always cause problems. I'd have to open and clean it. My friends who had models with the buttons eventually had to replace them. I was a little worried switching from android that I would end up having problems with a physical button once again.

The 7 and 7 plus don't have a physical home button

ETA: well its physically there but it's not an actual button