iPhone hacked? Any fix or way to tell if it’s real?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Was on google and got a pop up that my phone was hacked. I quickly exited. Is there any apps I can get to see if that was legit or some random pop up? I’ve had battery life issues which is a sign of being hacked. No other issues not concerned to see if I have an issue.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have never seen such a popup. It is possible and, according to your own report, likely that it is a rogue ad/site.

While uncommon, iOS devices can be compromised (e.g.: using similar means that jailbreaks use).

I hope someone with more experience with iOS Security hops on by to suggest steps that allow you to check for such a situation.

One of the action items would be to restore your iPhone using macOS’s Finder or Apple iTunes on Windows AND setup as new. I would avoid doing that unless it’s not confirmed as a clean device.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Was on google and got a pop up that my phone was hacked. I quickly exited. Is there any apps I can get to see if that was legit or some random pop up? I’ve had battery life issues which is a sign of being hacked. No other issues not concerned to see if I have an issue.

Just for the record, I asked that your two posts on the same subject are merged, because it can serve as a reference for newcomers. :)

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Just for the record, I asked that your two posts on the same subject are merged, because it can serve as a reference for newcomers. :)

Yeah no problem. I put it one spot then realized it’s more a hardware thing. Ended up loading up Norton 360. Nothing compromised.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Fake alert javascript. Very common and harmless UNLESS you follow the "instructions" given! Close down the browser and continue. Instead of paying for a useless anti virus or security product, sign up for a free NextDNS account which will filter/block the bad sites BEFORE they can even run any code on your device. Keeps things snappy and your battery happier in the long run.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Fake alert javascript. Very common and harmless UNLESS you follow the "instructions" given! Close down the browser and continue. Instead of paying for a useless anti virus or security product, sign up for a free NextDNS account which will filter/block the bad sites BEFORE they can even run any code on your device. Keeps things snappy and your battery happier in the long run.

This.

Anyone who hacks your phone successfully is not going to alert you to it anyway.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It likely came from a site you were on. It's phishing for your info. Close Safari, and go to Settings > Safari > scroll down to the blue "Clear History and Website Data". That should take care of it.