iPhone Giveaway

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm interested in regards to the iPhone giveaway. On the blog, it says you'll be giving away an iPhone the day after the launch. Well, all signs are pointing to handing out iPhones being impossible due to in store activation so I suppose you'll be awarding a gift card to the winner? If so, why not do the drawing the night before the launch for the people who are going to wait in line for the release? This seems to make more sense, because many of the users in this forum are dedicated enough to want to wait in line for the iPhone on the release day.

Of course you all may have different intentions in your timing. Any feedback would be great.

Dieter Bohn

Editor Emeritus
Feb 1, 2001
www.backlon.com
Howdy! I literally JUST came here to address JUST this topic! :D

What I'm thinking is this: We'll actually announce the winner the morning of July 9th. I do think that a gift card is the best way to go given all this activation craziness.

Here's the $64k question, though: Gift Card to AT&T (which has more stores) or Apple Store?

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Man, I must be psychic. My money is on the AT&T gift card because personally i'm going to an AT&T store. Can you use AT&T gift cards on service? If so that'd probably make it the most useful.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Howdy! I literally JUST came here to address JUST this topic! :D

What I'm thinking is this: We'll actually announce the winner the morning of July 9th. I do think that a gift card is the best way to go given all this activation craziness.

Here's the $64k question, though: Gift Card to AT&T (which has more stores) or Apple Store?

You can always leave it up to the winner and what they prefer?

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I think the winner has to fly out to the local store closest to the owners of TiPB, stand on line with them from 5:30AM, wait on line with them until 8AM, then take pictures of the winning purchase when they're all finally admitted into the store. :)