iPhone Flip: Everything you need to know

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
A terrible idea looming over us ! does nobody remember flip phones breaking their hinges if you dropped them ? (and firing the battery under someone else’s table). They were too thick but at least they were fairly small. This article is far too enthusiastic about a bad idea.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I personally have no interest in one, but I’m only one person. If Apple ends up manufacturing one, then I’m confident it will be a decent product.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ll have to see it first, and see how practical it would be for me. One of my brothers has a Samsung flip phone and he loves it. He’s the brother who absolutely adores the iPad, but hates the iPhone. Go figure!

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I personally have no interest in one, but I’m only one person. If Apple ends up manufacturing one, then I’m confident it will be a decent product.

Me and you Annie are just two people :) but nearly the entire smartphone buying world overwhelmingly agrees. Despite a very expensive blitz by Samsung marketing,multiple annual releases as well as the despicably appalling shilling of it by so many YT tech channels, folds are a tiny sliver of the market.
I want to call out YT. Dame Tech. He took the plunge on the last Samsung fold to give it a try. I think 3 weeks later he made a video that essentially said ‘too many negative trade offs, I’m going back to my iPhone as the daily driver’. This will be in contrast to both the YTers who shilled it then quietly put it away. And one I know of still using it in his videos, watching the comical handling of it trying to make it seem as good as a non fold.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
A terrible idea looming over us ! does nobody remember flip phones breaking their hinges if you dropped them ? (and firing the battery under someone else’s table). They were too thick but at least they were fairly small. This article is far too enthusiastic about a bad idea.

This. A device carried everywhere that’ll get bing-bang usage thousands of times. Now introduce a large moving part to the repetitive bing-bang. So make sure to handle it with care. “”According to Samsung’s own help page, (screen) dark blots are a result of applying more pressure than an average screen is supposed to handle. And if there is pixel bleeding, it may have been “caused by an impact to the edge of the device.””

(Pic below is 5 month old Z3. “Too much pressure exerted by the user when opening it.” MOVING PARTS!)

Attachments

• ED4E0FC9-E7D2-4F84-BFC0-5DC5DF2AFB2D.jpeg
    ED4E0FC9-E7D2-4F84-BFC0-5DC5DF2AFB2D.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5