iPhone fails to backup to iCloud!

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Truid to back up my device using iCloud and it says "estimating time left" this message stays for about 3 minutes then it says "the last backup failed to complete" i already backed it up to iTunes but i was wondering what that problem is!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The problem could be on Apple's end. Try rebooting your device before trying again.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I have had the same problem in recent times with my iPhone 4s.

It turned out that I was trying to upload too much data (photo's mainly) 'all at once' and it was simply timing out. I went into the iCloud backup settings Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Manage Storage and simply deselected the largest backup data. It then allowed me to backup everything else. Once that was done I then reselected the larger file and initiated another iCloud backup. It worked that time and has done ever since.

I liken it to the old analogy: Don't eat the elephant at once, take a nibble now and a gain!

Worked for me.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah... you're likely exceeding your free 5GB liCloud limit. FYI if you keep all your photos in the camera roll rather than offloading them to a computer and syncing them back, that will eat up a lot of data in your backup (camera roll is included in the backup)

jbjones1975

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. My iPhone 5 will not back up on my home Wifi (Comcast Arris Router), but will back up when I am Starbucks or the Apple Store. Two weeks ago Apple Care had me change to a different iCloud ID and the problem went away for two weeks. Now it's back and Apple Care has taken 48 hours (so far) for a 24 response time.

Anyone have any ideas??

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue. My iPhone 5 will not back up on my home Wifi (Comcast Arris Router), but will back up when I am Starbucks or the Apple Store. Two weeks ago Apple Care had me change to a different iCloud ID and the problem went away for two weeks. Now it's back and Apple Care has taken 48 hours (so far) for a 24 response time.

Anyone have any ideas??

It's your Router..... I would check forums for problems on it. It shouldn't be the phone if it works elsewhere. If it the Dual Wifi/Cable Modem Ive heard had issues.

jbjones1975

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Everything I have seen suggests Comcast putting it in bridge mode. It's a new issue that started with iOS 6. Can anyone suggest another work around that does not involve using a separate wireless router with my modem in bridge mode?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal